“Business Trip Feb 2 through Mar 12”

Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Walnut Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Were very accomadating. Faxed info needed to do my Job. Provided a 'fridg" and microwave.
Breakfast selection was excellant. Had coffee available all day and evenihg. Had business center which allowed me to print schedules, forms etc ( had my laptop, but no printer)
Ample parking.
Close to Burger King, Wendy, IHop, and Good Italian Resturant, and Chinese Resturant.
Made my five week stay very pleasant

Room Tip: Never had an issue with my room, so can't offer any sugestions
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We enjoyed our two day stay in Walnut Creek - to visit an old college friend. The motel was excellent - reception really professional, the rooms great, drinks and snacks throughout the day very welcome, very good breakfasts and a really nice outdoor pool area. The only drawback was the noise of the nearby freeway - we asked to be moved for our second night and that was much more peaceful.
Walnut Creek itself is pleasant - we walked into the historic centre the first night. Then we walked up the canal, adjacent to the motel, up to the excellent Ruth Bancroft Garden. We went from the nearby BART station into San Francisco which was very convenient. We drove up and hiked on wonderful Mount Diablo - well worth a visit. Oh - and we experienced an earthquake while sitting in the foyer of the motel - it was no big shakes, but the local television made a big deal about the quake!

All in all a very enjoyable and eventful stay.

Room Tip: ask for one facing away from the freeway
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The hotel is well priced but I could hear the people next door like they were sitting in my room. I could hear 2 men talking most of the evening. A woman and 2 kids arrived @ 2am. Since there were kids with them I assumed they'd quiet down within 20 minutes or so, but by 2:40 I had to call the front desk for assistance. They did respond, but people really didn't settle down until after 3am. The hotel is clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. It is too bad that people are so inconsiderate of others when traveling.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank AlabamaTraveler33
IHGCare, IHGCARE at Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear AlabamaTraveler33,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced

I was disappointed to read that you had a poor experience when you stayed at our hotel. I am pleased that our staff was able to assist and off set this displeasure with great service.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed here on a busy Saturday night in February and had a wonderful stay! Starting at the front desk everyone was so friendly and attentive. We couldn't have asked for more!
From the fresh cookies and coffee and tea in the lobby to the offered bottled water at check-in everything wa done smoothly and efficiently! Room was very nice and free breakfast was great. It included biscuits and gravy, muffins, sausage, omelettes with cheese and every assorted bread and pastry that one could want. Even dropped out pancakes from a fancy machine that everyone wished they had at home. Just push a button and twenty seconds later fresh hot pancakes!Front desk people were very happy to get you maps of anywhere you wanted to go the next day as well. Woudl definitely stay here agian!

Room Tip: Noise ffrom Interstate was heard a little but not bad. Inner courtyard rooms would have been quieter...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights to visit my family that lives in walnut creek, and I enjoyed my stay, the room was extremely clean and the service is what invites to comeback as well, they were very accomodating and truly friendly.
Parking is free, so the good and fullfilling breakfast.Luis and his staff rock!
Seemed like a 5 star service hotel!

Room Tip: Excellent service at the front desk.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jessica M
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed here for one night for a business trip. I slept SO well! The bed was comfortable and the hotel was possibly the quietest I've ever visited, and I've visited a lot! In the morning, I used the on site gym and the complimentary breakfast, both of which were impressive.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I like this Hotel becuase, Everytime I show up to this place.
Silvia Check me in- and she always smiling, happy and always recognize me and have,
the keys ready for me as well with the Bottle of water.
And this is close to where I work and is very convinient.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3.1 km away
Diablo Mountain Inn
Diablo Mountain Inn
#5 of 7 in Walnut Creek

Been to Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek? Share your experiences!