“Consistent good food”

House of Sake
Ranked #88 of 315 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

Whenever i am in the mood for a quick bite of sushi i come here. Parking is easy, the service is quick with a shy friendliness, and the sushi is always good. I have never had a bad piece of fish here. My favorite is the Ironman roll with mango. Husband and wife owned an operated, they do their best to make it a nice experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

Five of us had lunch here. It was busy till about 1:30pm but then quickly thinned out.

Servers were a little language challenged but tried hard to please. We had Bento boxes, supplemented with some cold house saki and a large order of sushi to share. Every plate was wiped clean!

The average bill, including tax and tip was only $17!

Plenty of parking.

Summary: good food at a very reasonable price!

Reviewed August 1, 2017

It had been eight years since I was in Walnut Creek where we used to live. House of Sake was always our go to Sushi restaurant. True the location is not in the center of downtown Walnut Creek in terms of aesthetics but the food is top notch and very reasonably priced. The sushi was excellent and I've had some mediocre sushi around the country. Best sushi I've had in the last five years though was at Bamboo Sushi in Portland, but way more $$$. If you are in Walnut Creek and want to eat some excellent sushi at a fair price, skip the fancy decor and check out House of Sake!

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

We had some nice sushi rolls, service was quick and friendly. The venue is a bit dark though, probably not the best for a romantic dinner.

Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

While traveling we look for new places tho eat instead of the same old established chains. House of Sake was one of those for us. A non-assuming little place with picture perfect food. The cherry blossum was beautiful and artfully executed and more importantly delicious. The Ton Katsu meal was both delicious and sported the best steamed veggies I have ever had. I was shocked and delighted. I would highly recommend a visit for something both yummy and beautiful and very cost friendly.