“Awesome Experience!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Jose, California
“Awesome Experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stayed here this past weekend and absolutely loved my experience. The hotel was very CLEAN, which is the first thing I want in somewhere I am sleeping. The staff were very polite when I called down and asked for more towels because I took three showers in one day. They had them to my room in minutes. Everyone that I encountered while I was there was helpful and greeted me warmly. Great, inexpensive alternative to a place to stay near santa cruz and monterey.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kelly d
hixwatsonville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watsonville, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear Kelly D,

We are so glad that you loved your stay! We love getting our guests’ feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Amy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ukiah, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

This Holiday Inn was very clean, the rooms were comfortable, and a hot breakfast...what else could you ask. Well, let me tell you, the staff was exceptional, friendly, attentive, and what else, I just couldn't put my finger on it, but I felt there was something special there.
Thank you for the experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Adam B
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

This hotel had everything we needed. We had a room on the 1st floor with a king bed and jet tub. The jet tub was great for giving baths to our kids and they loved it. In the shower the curtain doesn't touch you! The toilet paper location was the only bathroom complaint I had. The room included a small kitchenette with dishwashing soap glasses plates and silverware microwave and refrigerator. While the room wasn't much to look at the bed was soft and we had plenty of pillows. The view was nice and 3 channels of HBO and condiments were plentiful. The continental breakfast was awesome and convenient. The pool was cold but the hot tub was nice. There is a workout room and a shower area at the pool. The lobby had a nice atmosphere with a complimentary use of a computer. Being on the 1st floor makes a lot of difference so I would make reservations early and request the lower floor. I overhead others complaing about noise in the upper rooms. Parking was easy and the maids did a nice job. We had a great stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sf49yr
Escondido, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

On February 6, 2012, I booked a reservation on line at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Watsonville, CA, for an overnight stay on March 7, 2012. Unbeknownst to me, I booked this room as an "Advance Purchase" rather than a conventional registration (i.e., putting up a credit card to guarantee a room that can be cancelled up to 6:00 PM on the check-in day). Due to a change in plans, I cancelled that reservation 10 days later. Imagine my surprise when my credit card statement arrived at the end of February showing that $133.49 had been billed to my credit card for a hotel stay I had not yet made!

After calling the Holiday Inn Express "800" number, I was informed that any billing issues had to be discussed with and possibly (operative word) resolved by the manager of the hotel where the reservation was made. After a few back-and-forth phone calls I then spoke with "Amy" the Manager of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites in Watsonville on March 5, 2012. Amy explained that by virtue of accepting the terms and conditions at the time the reservation was made, I had no right to expect, nor was the hotel under any obligation to provide a refund. Case closed.

Well then, how about a credit in the amount of $133.49 for a future stay at a Holiday Inn property? I asked. Same story, case closed. Exasperated, I then asked Amy if the purpose of the advance purchase was to lock in an unbelievably low rate for a room, why was it that when I checked a few minutes before speaking to her that the very same room was available on March 7th (the original date of stay) for $3.00 less than I paid? Amy laughed politely and said because their rates vary on a daily basis, the main reason for advance purchases was to protect customers from rates going up, not down. In closing she told me I would do well to take this as a valuable lesson by reading the fine print before approving future purchases on the Internet.

So dear readers here we have it: Holiday Inn collects $133.49 from me for a room I didn't use, for a service it did not provide, for a room it probably sold twice on the same night and for providing a very valuable lesson--to NEVER, EVER DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN.

Upset in La Mesa, CA

P.S. I wonder how many millions Holiday Inn rakes in every year bilking their customers in this way?

Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
10 Thank Gardennuts
hixwatsonville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watsonville, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Gardennuts,

We have many different rate options to accommodate all of our guests: AAA rates, AARP rates, discounts for staying on the weekend, discounts for pre-paying, etc. When a guest makes an advanced purchase reservation there are several screens that inform them of the stipulations that come with booking that kind of rate. I never, and would never, say to any guest some of the things were mentioned here. I take that very personally Gardennuts. I work very hard to ensure that every guest has a great stay! My team works hard, and my owners really care about the hotel and the people that work in it. There are always risks when booking an advanced purchase reservation. Sometimes plans change, sometimes the weather isn’t what you expected and sometimes the rate will change. I can assure you that rates were not changed out of malice, ill-intent or greed. A computer changes them based on occupancy levels. I would like to also say that I, and the rest of our team members, care about our guest experiences. Should you like to actually stay here in the future I think you will see that we have a great hotel.

Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

This hotel is a good hotel and is everything you come to expect from this brand. My room was nice and the bathroom clean. Although, my room was terribly dusty.
Customer service was prompt and courteous. The salt water fish tank behind the counter is pleasant with the eal and the blowfish. Breakfast was good - for free. Not bad, not great.
There are a couple restaurants walking distance. Cinemas.
The value for this hotel is average, but good. A 10 min drive from Watsonville airport.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
hixwatsonville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watsonville, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear MSPilot,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your stay. We are very pleased that you choose to stay with us due to our convenient location to restaurants, movie theaters and the airport. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank sf49yr
hixwatsonville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Watsonville, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
sf49yr,

Thank you so much for the lovely things you had to say about your stay; we greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others!

Kind Regards,
Amy Buitenhek
Auberry, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

I spent two nights at the Holiday Inn express in Watsonville. It was very clean and the staff were very helpful. I will return on my next business trip.

Room Tip: Some rooms have jacuzzis