Motel 6 Watsonville - Monterey Area
Best Western Rose Garden Inn(Watsonville)(Great Value!)
US$89
HIExpress.com
Pajaro Dunes Resort(Watsonville)
National 9 Motel(Watsonville)
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We booked Motel 6 late one evening as we were unable to find anything else, punched it into the sat nav and have to say was only that it was 10pm I would have driven away.

I agree with most of the other postings on here, its as close to a dump as I have been in a long time.

Room was tidy, not clean, Carpet was fifty dirty and the towels would not fit a dwarf.

We skipped the complimentary coffee and the swimming pool with a rapid the next morning at 8am.

I think i got 3 hours sleep the beds were terrible.

Avoid this place, try sleeping in you car instead !!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Went to the Santa Cruz area during the height of tourist season. Not a good choice when you don't have a lot of money to spend. However I did get a good rate at the motel 6 in Watsonville. I had read all the reviews and wasn't expecting much, but it turned out to be clean and quiet and the new management has done wonders in curbing its past problems.

It was conveniently located for getting around the area. The room we ended up in was scruffy but nice enough. And the staff was willing to let us change room three times when we didn't get what we wanted.

The staff was competent and accommodating. The Motel does have strict guidelines about how many people can be in a room and when, but there are reasons for this.

Overall if you are looking for a cheap place to stay. ($350 for a week including tax.) Give it a try.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2010

My room was not clean, carpets absolutely filthy. Staff is extremely rude and they advertise free internet, NOT TRUE ITS A CARD U HAVE TO BUY FOR 3 dollars a day. Saw the police twice in a 24 hour period. Place is depressing and seriously the worst motel I've ever stayed in! DO NOT GO THERE!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Booked a non-smoking room for 2 nights and got a room with carpets riddled with cigarette burns and an upside-down ashtray with the no-smoking symbol on it. Air from ventilation system was filled with smoke in evening and early AM. YUCK!
Tub had no stopper and only 1 washcloth was in room reserved for 2. Beds sucked; way too hard.
Card key wouldn't open door 2nd day. A maintenance worker's key worked, so he told me to go to the office for a new one. Long walk to office where I complained of smoke smell and bad card key.
"YOU NEED TO MOVE!" the witchy manager announced, as though it was my fault. No offer of help moving, no apology about the stink or the bad card key.
Next room also had a bunch of cigarette burns on carpet, which is disgusting. It did smell better, and overall the place was pretty tidy outside, but we will never return and will tell our customers not to go there.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We were there for only 1 night. The staff was very friendly and everything was prepared like we had it ordered. The rooms are nothing special. Everything was clean. TV and WIFI was working great. No breakfast supplied, which would be nice. No breakfast available in walking distance, so we went into town.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business