“Not too many sand dollars”
Review of Sunset State Beach

Sunset State Beach
Reviewed June 1, 2018

Was excited when I saw and read the reviews and totally went to find sand dollars.
I did manage to find some pieces, but not any in a whole. If you are thinking of going, I had more success at the beach to the south, not to the north once you get in. (It is a state park, so you need to pay $10 per car to get in) From there, keep walking along the shore towards the south a little. And also, please be careful, because they DO crumble easily. By the time I got home from our vacation, most of them were broken into even smaller pieces!

All reviews
"lifeguards"
in 4 reviews
"restrooms"

Reviewed March 13, 2018

I just needed a good campsite for the night and never having stayed near the beach, I found it to be good place for motorcyclists.

Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

I took my grandkids to Sunset Beach they loved it. We even found a real live jellyfish. We walk the beach and collect seashells. And they enjoyed watching the people surf you there. That was a really beautiful view

1  Thank krysheila99
Reviewed January 27, 2018

Not the place we would pin point on a USA tour, but about the most exciting thing to do near Watsonville! Only pay parking, and campsites stuck away from any sea view. Nice long beach and pleasant sunsets.

1  Thank Margot P
See more reviews
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 1 night while passing through area. Ranger dude at check in seemed annoyed we bothered him to check in ??? Right after you check in you turn an go up a small hill on a curve that's wide enough for 1 1/2 vehicles. In this day and age of people towing cars behind their Motorhomes that you can't back up....why they have such a narrow road is beyond me. A small mountain blocks the view/ocean from your Campground and you have to walk/hike up and over that to get to Beach.

1  Thank Tony K