“Convenient hotel with nice ammenities”

Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Weed
Walnut Creek, California
“Convenient hotel with nice ammenities”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This past year we stayed at this hotel twice on our drive up to Sunriver. It is a perfect middle point when coming from the San Francisco Bay Area. The rooms are nice and the bed is comfortable. The hotel is right off of highway 5 which is convenient. They offer continental breakfasts, but we always skip this and go to the HiLo Cafe in downtown Weed. This hotel is perfect for a comfortable bed to sleep in while resting up for the rest of your trip/drive.

Room Tip: Ask for the AAA discount.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at the hotel in September 2011. First off, the desk clerk in the morining on Wednesday, was very unprofessional and very giggly. We didn't know if she was just blowing us off with unneeded conversation or was telling us the truth. Second, we asked her for directions to another Comfort Inn, and she gave us the wrong directions. Third, she did not know anything about another Comfort Inn in the Portland, Oregon area. We thought she should know, beings this motel is a Comfort Inn. The evening desk clerk was fine. Professional and non giggly! We do like the Comfort Inns, but think maybe we will try another Choice hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This is near a freeway exit but we did not hear the freeway noise. We were able to open the window and not use air conditioning at night. (yeah!) Standard room; everything fine. Helpful desk attendant. But, we saw only two places to eat dinner in the area. Due to the lack of dinner places, we will go on a little further next time.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 13 September 2011

By chance I was set up to stay at this motel through my work on a business trip. My first thought as I walked in was that the young girl at the desk was not going to be much help just becuase she looked like she would still be in high school. I was proven wrong. I can't remember her name but she is an asset to this motel. other than the friendly service, the room was clean (enough), the breakfast was okay, and the rate was not overwhelming. it was nice to have someone at the desk that didnt mind chatting with me for a while. Thank you, blonde girl.

Room Tip: Just ask the desk
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
SURREY
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Room was what I expected based on the pictures of the hotel, old and small town motel. I was expecting the pool to be heated and it was not. The filter was not running and the water was ice cool. I had booked this hotel because it had a pool. Also for some reason the third floor hallway smelled like stale cigarette smoke, like someone smokes on the 3rd floor on a regular bases. The second and first floor hallways seemed fine.

Room Tip: Request the second or first floor if you want a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Weed hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I checked into this hotel because I was tired of driving all day. I was greeted by a friendly man by the name of Stephen. He was very polite, professional & knowledgeable. He recommended a good place to eat dinner and even offered a menu for us to look at. Wi-Fi is fast here. Hot tub was very refreshing. Nice, comfortable & clean room with your standard cable on the TV. Nothing fancy but its about the same as what I'd get at home. Will be sure to recommend to my friends and business associates. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Our friends were getting married in Weed at Stewart Mineral Springs and they arranged for a group rate through the Comfort Inn. Check-in time was at 2pm. We arrived at 2:15 and were greeted by two girls who looked like they couldn't be out of high school. They had some difficulty navigating the computer system, and then said they would put us in room 306 because it was one of the only clean rooms.

Up on the third floor, we were greeted by an overwhelmingly strong smell of cigarette smoke. We went down to our room, which was supposedly non-smoking, only to discover that it reeked as well. There were cigarette burns all over the bed. The TV, dresser, table, and microwave were all covered in dust. I opened drawers and discovered that they were full of what looked like Doritos crumbs. There was an enormous stain on one of the chairs, and the bed skirt was covered with some weird sticky substance.

There was no way we would sleep in that room. We went downstairs to tell the girls that the room must not have been cleaned. They were pretty incredulous about the whole thing ("Really? That's impossible!") and said they wanted to go upstairs to see the room. On our way upstairs we ran into housekeeping. The girl asked if any other rooms were clean. The housekeeping confirmed that one room on the second floor was ready, and we went downstairs to get a key for this room.

When the one girl said "I'm booking them into 202" the other girl rolled her eyes and said "Really? An upgrade?" Despite her bad attitude, they upgraded us for free (to a slightly larger corner room with a designated sitting area) that was thankfully much cleaner than the previous room.

Breakfast the next morning wasn't the worst thing I'd ever eaten, but it wasn't the best either. The waffles were decent and I liked the fresh fruit, but there was no way I was touching those eggs, especially after I saw an employee scrape the remains of the chafing dish into the trash and clean it out INSIDE the trash can before refilling it with eggs. Yuck!

Also upon check out the girls did ask if 202 worked out better for us and were genuinely nice about the whole thing. I really do appreciate that they took care of us and from what I heard from other wedding guests they all had clean rooms as well. Maybe 306 was just a fluke.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, and if you are sensitive to smoke skip the third floor!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weed
11.3 km away
13.6 km away
Mount Shasta Resort
Mount Shasta Resort
#2 of 9 in Mount Shasta

Been to Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area? Share your experiences!