“A free upgrade, Palihouse totally gets me - great place!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palihouse West Hollywood

Palihouse West Hollywood
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
NYC
“A free upgrade, Palihouse totally gets me - great place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

I’ve been staying at Palihouse for a few weeks in a two bedroom loft residence – the unit is absolutely amazing – it is huge, 2,000 square feet – it was a free upgrade due to availability, and it has killer views of the Hollywood hills!! The décor and style are unique, comfortable, and more than charming. There is even a washer/drier in my suite...My favorite part of the day is coming in after work and relaxing in the carrera marble soaking tub - I am a New Yorker, typically faced paced so I REALLY like my personal space. Palihouse totally gets me. The staff really understand the type of service I look for because they don't go overboard with a butler, 10 bellman and a door person, yet, rather they know what I like because they talk to me, get to know me. They have exceeded my expectations in delivering whatever I might need from an Equinox day pass to getting me dinner reservations last minute on a very busy night (and of course the free upgrade). I can refer to their staff by name if I want and they recognize me which totally makes me feel at home. Also, the lounge and courtyard brasserie offer a lively night out & good food, but not in the cheesy LA fashion many other sunset strip hotels can’t seem to avoid…I will never stay anywhere else but Palihouse when I’m in LA. I'm so glad I found it online.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Ava064

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

Fact: I arrived to check in at the Palihouse for two rooms that I had reserved and confirmed. Upon check-in, I was told they were oversold and had only one room. I told them I had confirmation for 2 rooms (with the confirmation email). They half-heartedly apologized and told me there was nothing they could do and suggested that our entire party share the one room they had with roll away beds or that our party split up and stay at another hotel. I was beyond myself as this was unacceptable. While they searched another hotel, I stepped away to book another hotel myself. I let them know that I handled it on my own. They proceeded to tell me that they were, after all, able to accommodate the 2 rooms. I said already booked another hotel that required payment and would be leaving. I was told that I would still be charged for the one room they did have for me. I told them this was unacceptable and was told I had to speak to their Director of Sales by calling her cell (she was on travel) to change this. I called her multiple times to no avail. Finally, the one person at the hotel ( a young gentleman who was the only person at the hotel that seemed to have any remorse and was quite funny), told me that he received permission to not charge me.

Needless to say, I will never book at this hotel, nor recommend to anyone. The the thing that bothered me most was the unprofessional manner in which they handled the situation.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
9 Thank MaxSF
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

Arrived Thursday, 3/24 & departed Sunday, 3/27. Palihouse Holloway, due to their location & room quality, has the potential to be a great property. However, all rooms at the hotel surround a central courtyard (with brick walls) on the first floor. So, on Friday & Saturday nights when & if the trendy WeHo scene decides to show up... the VERY SIGNIFICANT party noise is amplified by and bounces off the brick walls and echoes though the entire hotel. We could not sleep at all until after 2 am on Friday & Saturday night. The staff at the hotel thinks they are celebrities and can barely be bothered with talking to you & could care less if you didn't get any sleep! Boo hiss Palihouse!!! Will never stay here again!! Shame really!. Also, they need a separate entrance for 450.00/night room guests to enter the hotel & get to their rooms if they don't feel like elbowing their way through the packed bar/lobby of the hotel. I've never stayed at a hotel where I couldn't get sleep due to noise nor have I ever seen staff so disconnected from the service they are supposed to be providing!!! Hello...you are in the service industry!! If you want sleep, your room cleaned and a pleasant experience stay someone else. If you don't care if your room is ever cleaned, or if you like clever designed toiletries that are impossible to open and if you like dealing with staff composed of pompous little unprofessional brats...then stay at Palihouse.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Darsantafe
modesignmn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2010

Yes, the sound from the courtyard and the street can be a bit much, depending on how early you go to bed and which room you have. However, for an extended stay, you cannot beat the huge rooms, full kitchen and in-room laundry. For fun, you can't beat the location, ultra-comfortable beds, restaurant, downstairs scene, and hip spacious rooms. I stayed for 3 weeks along with a bunch of co-workers. some of them didn't love the noise factor and probably won't stay there again. However, the courtyard usually closes down by 11 and the rest of us loved it and can't wait to go back.

As for service, its for sure not like staying at a regular hotel. The front desk closes around 10 or 11 and they don't clean your room every day. But, for an extended stay its a far better option than renting a house or apartment week-by-week. They clean your room twice a week, you call ahead if you need anything and the fabulous staff will take care of it, and its more private and secure than any apartment would be.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

I was able to get an incredible price for the corner king suite from one of those daily-deal websites (about 60% off the standard rate), but the deal's fine print stated that my stay couldn't be until after about four weeks after I purchased the voucher. An email to Cara, Palihouse's Sales & Marketing Director, was all I needed to get the date I wanted (only a week after my purchase), but there was a catch. Turned out that the corner king suite was booked for the date that I needed. Cara offered to upgrade me to the two-story loft (!!) for 50% of the voucher's cost...in the end I still paid less than what the original suite would have cost me and I got a MASSIVE two-story loft on top of it. The loft was very comfortable. Designed and furnished like a modern work loft that could be found in LA or NY, the space included a full kitchen, two sleeping rooms, two bathrooms, central heating/air/stereo, dining table that seats 6, and a full sized patio overlooking the downstairs restaurant's outdoor area.

While the loft itself was gorgeous, the only disappointment I had was that it was a bit more plain looking than the photo of the corner king suite. On the Palihouse site, the corner king suite featured an exposed vintage brick wall with arched windows facing West Hollywood, an aged-looking leather sofa, and an overall warm/swanky vibe. My loft was more or less plain white walls that had lovely iridescent gray curtains, and a cool green/white & stainless steel kitchen but definitely wasn't as warm as the suite I was hoping to get (cool and minimalist was the loft's feeling). My view was of tall bamboo plants along the patio. Had I not previously seen the other suite, I would have been more than delighted by the loft's look and feel. The only other downside was that the hotel was hosting some kind of event and when I was checking out nobody was there to help me bring my bags to my car. I was traveling as a production, so I had three luggage carts full of heavy cases and the elevator system from the loft to the parking garage was less than intuitive. But for the price, I was still more than happy with my stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank TerenceP
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

We checked in for 11 nights for a long leisurely trip to LA and expected to be in spacious comfort. Like some past disgusted guests, this place is highly over-rated. Don't be deceived by how big or cool the place looks on the website. There is party after party most busy nights and functions etc. We hardly got a wink of sleep and even tried to move rooms but to no avail. You simply cannot escape the noise from the courtyard and the street side. We had to leave early and told the desk but they insisted on charging us for extra nights as a penalty and with no understanding or appreciation of our reasons. The manager was nowhere to be found - only the reservations person who called all the shots and she wasn't even located at the hotel. We left in dispute ad were charged a couple of days later with our extra nights charged and no authority on our behalf or agreement with the hotel. THis is the most arrogant and rude treatment we have ever experienced at a hotel anywhere in the world! This place exists for parties, not the comfort of guests, who may actually want a night's sleep, so be very aware of this and take note. Absolute disgust and bad memory of LA and such awful treatment. No idea of what 'service' is.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RACHY-RACH41
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

whenever i go to LA i always stay at Palihouse. located in west hollywood, it is actually walking distance to shopping, food, and gyms...never have to worry about renting a car. when booking through a travel agent, i get an amazing deal - and for a 600 square foot room, i could never stay anywhere else! i can't imagine being crammed in a small room at the same price.
the staff have always been beyond helpful and extremely nice.
the only draw back is the restaurant/bar is in the center so noise travels up, do bring ear plugs.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business