“The Perfect LA Experience”

Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“The Perfect LA Experience”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed here for Three nights at the end of April -
I thought the hotel would be really snobby and prententious but I had the complete opposite experience - The staff were really lovely and very laid back, they made me feel welcome immediately and went out of their way to accomodate my requests.
The Hotel is perfectly located on Sunset with the very best of LA at your doorstep
I enjoyed the design of the room, the beds were comfortable and the shower was really powerful
My only small (slightly random) concern would be the Food at Asia de Cuba; which would have been absolutely delicious if only if was served Hot! For some reason the food always came out luke warm; you may want to request your food extra hot when ordering.

I definately intend to return ...once the Pool is open

Room Tip: I think they've got great views all round; but I was on the 5th Floor with a view of the Hills w...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
ChloeGEM, Guest Relations Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Thank you for staying with us at Mondrian!! I love to hear your great comments regarding our staff. We really pride ourselves on making our guests feel like family and close friends. I am glad you enjoyed the location, and I will definitely pass on your feedback regarding the temperature of the food at the restaurant to our Chef. Our pool is now open, so please come back and visit us. Regards, Chloe Linder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Perth
Reviewed 27 April 2012

The service was fantastic, staff went out of their way to ensure everything ran smoothly. We were a little disapointed that Skybar and the pool were closed for renovations however there were some extra perks during this time.

Amazing rooms, bathrooms a little small but still lovely.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LD85
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! The Pool and Skybar are now open so we hope to see you in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Sincerely, Chloe Linder
Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

The hotel has a simple and completely white design, contemporary and the opposite of the dark average W-Hotel. Although a refurbished old hotel, the overall design is at the top end of the scale when looking at the average Ian Schrager hotel. Very nice and large rooms, creative and different clever layout/design which is also functional. Cool typical LA-style bar (screaming girls do to some boy group in front of the hotel), and very friendly/professional/competent staff. Simply a well managed hotel! The breakfast at Asia de Cuba wasn't great, but my criticism was handled extremely professional by the hotel, so that I don't belief it reflects the average experience (I in fact had some great breakfast there before).

• Stayed April 2012
I appreciate your feedback! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the design and functionality of our hotel rooms. I am sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast at Asia de Cuba, but I am happy to hear that the staff handled your criticism in a professional manner. I hope you get the chance to come back and visit us really soon! Sincerely, Chloe Linder
Paris, France
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I go to the Mondrian three times a year since 2005 and I have tried a lot of different other hotels in LA but none of them has its charm. Great location, restaurant and rooms. One of my favorite hotels in the world. I recommend it to everyone and especially if it is your first time in LA. Ask for a room with a view on the city.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
ChloeGEM, Guest Relations Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for posting this awesome review. Glad you are a part of the Mondrian family. See you soon. Regards, Chloe Linder
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed there for a total of 5 nights. The experience we have is an utmost service. The staff from valet, reception and in the restaurants are all professionals and friendly. The knowledge of the staff in the restaurant are exceptional. Plus the foods are amazing and worth the price you are paying for.

The pool is close until May but am sure once it's open it will have an amazing atmosphere and tons of vibrant people.

Great job everyone!!

• Stayed April 2012
I love hearing this kind of feedback! Thank you for your compliments regarding our service. I am glad our staff was able to provide you with a memorable experience. I hope you come back soon to visit. Sincerely, Chloe Linder
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2012

By far the best hotel we have ever stayed in. All the staff were super friendly, helpful and efficient.
The hotel is both light, trendy and laid back in styling. The pool was unfortunately closed due to refurbishment; however the staff were very apologetic and upgraded our room for free.
The room was amazing. The view was superb and the location I think is the best in L.A.
We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rahulandvictoria
Thank you for your nice comments. I am happy you had a superb experience with us! Please come back and visit soon. Regards, Chloe Linder
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I did not stay the hotel (though I have in the past, pre-renovation, and it was great, as are all my stays at Morgans Hotels ...) ... this time I just came for lunch, and it was delicious. The restaurant staff were gracious, hilarious, fun & knowledgable and I enjoyed an absolutely amazing meal with my friends. The view is gorgeous, and I can't wait go back after the outdoor dining area reopens in mid-May. totally worth it !!

The three of us had a TunaPica, a lobster roll, the calamari salad, then split 2 entrees (monkfish and the chicken with chimuchurri sauce) and 2 sides: the rice and the boniato mash. Then we couldn't decide between desserts, so we got the Coco de Cielo AND the Mexican donuts. OH MY GOD we were deliciously stuffed. That was probably enough food for an extra person at the table ! But I loved it all.

one of my favorite restaurants of all time, for sure.

Room Tip: The views of LA are incredible !
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your recent visit to Asia de Cuba. It sounds like you had an amazing time. I am glad you enjoyed the service and food. My favorite dishes as well are the Tuna Pica and the Calamari Salad. We will see you in the summer when the patio re- opens. Regards, Chloe Linder