The last time I was at this hotel was 2001, but I recently stayed for a long weekend in 10/2017. We enjoyed the pool and bar areas, they are still visually pleasing and the “beautiful people” still seem to flock here. The hotel rooms and common areas are showing their age however. Our room had signs of neglected maintenance in items like the shower grout, and other little things. The hallway carpet, paint, and lighting were looking very tired on our floor. I would not recommend a room along the Sunset Blvd side, as it is noisy at night and the windows don’t keep out all of the traffic noise. It felt like a fire engine drove by every five minutes at this location. The room itself was small, and the bathroom was right next to one of the beds, meaning if you used the toilet you were all of two feet and a sliding privacy door away from one of the room’s bedrooms. Not a great layout. We did eat poolside,and the food was great. We especially enjoyed the bartender at the outdoor restaurant, which is separated from the pool area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Ivory On Sunset, a restaurant which is a collaboration with John Terzian of The h.wood Group, Built Inc. and Hakkasan Group, celebrates California cuisine and comfort foods to encourage diners to embrace the restaurant's communal philosophy, while our Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu in the morning and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Exxhibit Boutique, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood