All reviews bar marmont old school walls could talk hollywood history main building large living room junior suite people watching hollywood feel outdoor restaurant full kitchen four seasons los angeles hotel bar sunset blvd hotel guests beverly hills
Reviewed November 15, 2017

It's not the greatest place in that typical four star - Four Seasons way, but you can't beat the total Hollywood "I'm somewhere VERY special" vibe. Low lighting, amber glow, hushed tones, velvet drapery, lush foliage, shabby chic and discretion are in full evidence. You must go with the sense of stepping into Hollywood history and living the dream for a day or two. Standard rooms are seriously standard, but the views are lovely and just being there is lovely. Insist on a better table at the restaurant if you are seated in commoners row, it will be worth the bit of fuss. The pool is unremarkable yet clean. However, the clubby lobby lounge is charming and comfortable. Make certain to spend some time in this special space.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard are especially lovely.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank HighwayPilot
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

We had a great weekend! The staff was wonderful and the hotel is beautiful! I found this hotel to exceed my expectations, because their website is not very descriptive. The food was great. Lounging by the pool with the landscaping creAting a secluded feel, was my favorite part.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brooke B
Reviewed November 5, 2017

I think this hotel is world famous, and probably passed by every tour bus in Hollywood on a daily basis. It's definitely secured its place in pop culture and still enjoys a certain allure. I guess I was curious to finally try it out, even though the room rate is a bit steep for what you get.

While I booked the cheapest room category, surprisingly at check in, I was lucky to get upgraded to a 'cottage' which is basically your own small house in the gardens that form the hotel's vast property. The house was complete was a living room or lounge, a full kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. It was very old-fashioned and has probably looked the same way for decades, but there's certainly some charm to that and many regulars probably want to keep it as it was in its heyday. I didn't really have sufficient time to properly take it all in, having only booked a one-night stay, but it was definitely interesting to experience a cottage at the Chateau Marmont!

I had dinner at the restaurant which was rather pricey and not really worth it, but one of those things you sort of have to do while you're there, I suppose.

The pool, close to my cottage, seemed nice although I didn't get a chance to try it.

Overall a nice and unique experience to stay at the legendary Chateau!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
7  Thank NirvClub
Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

This is our second stay at the historic Hollywood icon. While a little rough around the edges and tired from a lot of activity the Chateau delivers! The staff cannot be more accommodating especially when issues arise. The food is consistently great. While it has the Hollywood vibe and all that comes with it when your a guest you are part of scene in a good way.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lou r
Reviewed October 25, 2017

So I have always wanted to stay at The Chateau and finally did this summer. Such a iconic old Hollywood hotel with charm and a celebrity vibe. Really loved everything about the spot and really found the pool area to be so great and could hang there for days. The Chateau has a few bars and restaurant as well and all were great and cool spots. The area around has some great bars and restaurants too. The staff was super helpful and amazing. I think next time I would love to stay at the pool bungalows and loved that half of the hotel.

Room Tip: There are some amazing bungalow type rooms close to the pool
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple