1,191 results
All reviews tower bar tim cunningham terrace restaurant art deco lobster tacos hotel ambassador los angeles classic hollywood old school hollywood feel avocado toast hollywood hotel junior suite home from home floor to ceiling windows special thanks the entire staff
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I just returned from the Sunset Tower Hotel. One word "FANTASTIC" Service was excellent. Very relaxing with superior service. We stayed in room 1405 which over looked the quaint pool. Food was fresh and drinks where incredible. It was so neat to stay in a hotel knowing that it hosts the Vanity Fair Parties for the Oscars!!!

It is with in walking distance to many restaurants and shops. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to West Hollywood!!!

The spa is very luxurious too.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CircleB
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed recently at Sunset Tower Hotel. Before stayed at Bel Air, The Beverly Hills, The Beverly Whilshire and other 5-star hotels in LA. But only Sunset Tower met my expectations!
This is a true chic, glamorous hotel. You feel like at home, like you are having an apartment on Sunset Strip. Location is Perfect, close to Hollywood, Beverly Hills and all attractions.
Service. Service is perfect in all the ways! Front desk staff is very helpful, friendly and warm.
The Terrace Bar offers to my opinion the best cocktails in LA, very professional.
The restaurant is Number One thing I liked. Live music, waiters in white jackets, food is classic and perfectly cooked and served. The ambience is like you are in 1930's Hollywood, the Hollywood we all want to meet when going to LA.
You will not find there any of that modern trendy each-one-like-another pop place. It has THE style.
Rooms are very chic and those floor to ceiling windows with views to LA are just breathtaking.
Perfect location both for romantic stays and for (in my case) hanging out with friends!
So, if you want to travel to LA and see all the attractions having home-like treatmet in a classic glamour atmosphere, SUNSET TOWER IS THE ONLY CHOICE !!!!

Room Tip: Junior Suite is the perfect choice. It has wide terraces on 12th floor overlloking Beverly Hills, DownTown LA and you will not skip any of that breathtaking sunsets on Sunset Blvd. !!!! The higher floor you choose, the more wonderful monents you will explore!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alexey0287
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Sunset Tower for my wife's 50th Birthday in the end of August. It was our second stay, and after being upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite our first time at the hotel we decided to book the same type of suite because we loved it so much. The room was beautiful, the building is beautiful, and the whole experience was as special as we were hoping it would be. Wonderful views, comfortable bed and furniture, minimal noise from the neighboring rooms; the room was homey and special at the same time. The staff was friendly, and we especially enjoyed having breakfast and afternoon drinks by the pool.

I would give it 4.5 instead of 5 stars if I could, however, as I had two nit picky issues: The staff tolerates smoking in the Terrace, even providing ashtrays when requested. I think this is a Hollywood thing, and I didn’t feel like complaining to the smokers or staff.

The other issue was the Nespresso maker in the room. The machine was kind of cool, but the coffee you have to use for it was pretty awful and ineffective. I asked for a regular coffee maker or teapot and was told that this wouldn’t be possible, but I could order coffee from room service. I know I’m not the only one who brings coffee with me when I travel (I'm picky and room service coffee doesn't cut it either).

Nevertheless, I felt that the overall experience definitely deserves more than 4 stars. Love this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zooey19912003
Reviewed September 7, 2012

During a short trip to LA I had the chance to stay at the Sunset Tower. What a lucky decision that turned out to be. It is a charming and elegant spot with gracious, accessible and attentive staff (who by the way are neither snooty nor overbearing). Wonderful location too, just near the shops and restaurants of West Hollywood. My room, while on the small side, was immaculate and extremely comfortable, with all the modern tech conveniences one would expect. The bathroom and amenities were outstanding, and the breakfast (by the pool) was not only delicious but highly entertaining, due to many tables being occupied by Hollywood types talking "deals". I will definitely consider staying here again my next trip and came to feel it was "my place" in L.A.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank AlanH220
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Sunset Tower is the easiest, most elegant stay in LA. Staff is lovely, discreet, and ready, pool and views are fun, and interiors are by renowned decorator Paul Fortune. Decor is low key and luxurious. Junior rooms are small, but I'd rather have a small expertly done spot than a larger space that is less comfortable and poorly done. The restaurant's intimate feel is special. We'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple