1,167 results
All reviewstower bartim cunninghamterrace restauranthotel ambassadorart decolos angeleshollywood charmold schoolhollywood hoteljunior suitefloor to ceiling windowsspecial thanksthe entire stafffront desk staffhome away from homelow keycontinental breakfast
Reviewed November 16, 2009

There is much to like here - hip location, nice views, very attentive service both in front and in the restaurant. Finishes and amenities are top-notch. Attention to detail is obvious. Why, oh why, therefore, is the coffee served by the restaurant so deplorable? How could management miss this? Fortunately there is a ubiquitous coffee place across the street, so it is easy to overcome the problem. And that is what management should do - cross the street and stock up with some good coffee consistent with the hotel's upscale experience otherwise.

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Our trip began later in the evening on an average Friday evening. My girlfriend wanted to surprise me with a trip into Hollywood, which was a place I had never spent much time. Since it was so late, our arrival met a very full hotel. Nevertheless, the Sunset Tower Hotel still had a place for us. To our surprise, they opted to grant us one nights stay in one of their two penthouse suites. Both my girlfriend I were shocked, since as normal people we have never had an opportunity like this. The suite was gorgeous, and everything you would expect penthouse to be and more. I am not sure what that room usually goes for but whatever it is I would be moved to pay it. Once you enter the suite you begin to understand the extent to which their attention to detail extends. Our bags were neatly placed and there was a plate of freshly baked warm cookies welcoming us. Still pinching ourselves, my girlfriend and I began to explore. After a few minutes in awh, we discovered the patio. Remember the penthouse is located on the 15th floor and looks out over Sunset Boulevard. In addition the patio wraps around one half of the entire level. The accommodations were beautifully staged and had a semi-retro old money feel to them. Even the bath soaps were something worth mentioning so says my girlfriend, and she would know.

The next day during our stay we packed up our bags and went down to check them for the day since we were to be moved to another room later on that evening. We left the hotel and had a terrific day in Hollywood. There were so many sights and things to do. Way too many for one visit. After a full day, we returned to the hotel in exhaustion. When we arrived, to our amazement we were told that we would be given the same Penthouse suite we so enjoyed the night before. In fact, our bags were already there waiting for our arrival. That night we ate and drank again in luxury. We left the hotel again for dinner and ate at a fantastic place called Yamashiro's (This review is not large enough to handle both the Sunset Tower and Yamashiro's). We then returned to have a drink and eat desert in the hotel bar. There we met the most thoughtful and generous bunch of people we could have imagined. Dimitri, the matrodi prepared a quaint and romantic table for us in the corner, overlooking the city. There we enjoyed signature cocktails and a delicious peach and apricot cobbler.

The next day, we found it so difficult to leave. We were enjoying an unbelievable high and didn't want it to end. If I had the opportunity to go back I would in a second, since I know the service and attention to detail we received was not because of who we were or how much money we had. The personality and character of the staff and the accommodations seem to be specific to none, and enjoyable by all.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2009

We had a great time with great service. The hotel is somewhat subdued considering it is in the middle of the sunset strip. Great location and walking distance to many comedy clubs, live music and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Sunset Towers while attending a business function in Hollywood. From the moment we arrived the staff was friendly and attentive. We had a beautiful Jr Suite On the southwest corner of the building with a spectacular view of downtown LA off in the distance. It also avoided any noise from Sunset Blvd.

The room was nicely furnished and everything worked!. There were nice details like several large coffee table books to read. The room was quiet, the air conditioning was also quiet and very efficient and easy to use. The bed was one of the better hotel beds I've ever enjoyed.

The dinning room and bar area opens around 5 or 6. We didn't eat there but we did enjoy a late night cocktail. The lighting is very nice and relaxing along with the dark wood paneled walls. The setting is cozy but elegant. The staff was wonderful and friendly.

The next morning we had breakfast about 10am around the pool on the terrace. The view is amazing! They have the pool area and terrace decorated in a very classic elegant style that makes you feel that you are someplace special. Too bad we had to return home, we would have loved to have stayed around the pool for a few more hours.

When first planning the trip I was thinking about one of the more hip hotels. I'm so glad we went with something more elegant. I love this hotel! I would go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2009

This is a charming hotel steeped in Hollywood history. I found the staff to be very friendly, helpful and accomodating. There is a nice terrace with a beautiful view of LA on a sunny and clear day. The pool isn't huge, but that wasn't a big deal for us. We booked a deluxe room and were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite which was large. We were on the sunset strip side, so were concered about the noise,but it turned out not to be a problem at all. The art-deco decor is really cool and you feel like you've gone back in time, but with modern amentites (i.e. free WiFi and fitness center). It's a boutique hotel, so it doesn't feel "corporate" like the major hotel chains, but it has the same level of service and amenities. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple