1,165 results
All reviewstower bartim cunninghamterrace restauranthotel ambassadorart decolos angeleshollywood charmold schoolhollywood hoteljunior suitefloor to ceiling windowsspecial thanksthe entire stafffront desk staffhome away from homelow keycontinental breakfast
Reviewed August 30, 2017

My husband and I always stay at the Sunset Tower Hotel whenever we visit our son in Los Angeles; and every time we do we have breakfast in the Terrance. The continental leaves much to be desired, but our server ANGEL more than makes up for it. He always recommends the omelet which comes at a considerable discount more than 50% off. He also always has our coffee with almond milk ready before we even ask :). He takes the time to introduce all the new faces (as we've been coming for years) this time around there was an Eric and a Larry. Both of them were nice and treated us like VIPs. When it was time for Angel to leave he passed us off into the more than capable hands of Tony. All in all a wonder time as usual, but Angel is the icing on the cake of this place.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Great location, storied property and reasonably good service. Sunset Tower Hotel, like the Chateau Marmont (where I have also stayed and rate equally), represents this city's glamorous old guard, standing watch over a nostalgic style and elegance that is currently in scarce supply in LA and Hollywood.

I booked through Amex fine hotels, so received a sweet upgrade, free breakfast and a $100 hotel credit. We enjoyed two meals in the Tower Restaurant, which were OK but not great. I guess you don't really go for the food, it's more about the people watching and drinks (I always see real celebs when I am dining there).

Pros:
* The vibe
* Clean, reasonably sized, comfortable rooms
* Location

Cons:

* The hotel is a bit tired and I'm hopeful it will get a much-needed rehab now that billionaire Len Blavatnik has taken it over.
* Linens are quite rough, cleaning/turn-down lacks attention to detail.
* Free bedside water bottles are infant-sized.

All-in, a decent property and a good value at $300/night (I would not pay more than $400). Next trip to LA I will probably stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank TheEpicureanBachelor
Reviewed August 28, 2017

This hotel is in serious need of a refresh. The textiles, curtains, rugs, really everything other than the hotel bar and restaurant feels very dingy and run down. The (queen) rooms are unbelievably small. Would not return unless serious upgrades were made to do justice to what was clearly once a beautiful, art-deco gem of Hollywood.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle G
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

We have been visiting The Sunset Tower Hotel for over a decade now and it is unparalled in comparison to all hotels in service and boutique experience. One of the most caring and truely amazing staff members is Angel who creates who has been reliably kind, caring and truly wonderful since we have come to the hotel. Most recently he surprised us with a bday morning serving for breakfast at the restaurant by the pool. We always love coming back to Sunset Tower which exudes old Hollywood charme and a most unique boutique experience. Part of that experience is all the attentive staff of which Angel is to us a very outstanding member.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ksfr
Reviewed August 22, 2017

I came into the Sunset Tower for lunch with a business associate, and have to say it was quite the treat.

The Good:

Our waiter Tony was on point in his ability to assess what we needed without disrupting the flow of the meeting. He introduced the gentleman who brought us our food as Larry and he made sure to ask if there was anything else we needed; then proceeded to take care of our request instead of passing the buck to someone else. Rounding out the team was the manager who also moonlighted as a host Barbara. One of the most pleasant people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

The Bad: For the price the food all in all was above average, but not exceptional. Nothing to make you crave it days later. I personally would avoid the avocado toast as the bread was amazingly hard and super thick.
Other than that a pretty decent place with a great team lovely scenery.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business