“My Home Away from Home Gets Better and Better....”
Review of Sunset Tower Hotel

Sunset Tower Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 8 September 2017

As with my first review, I find myself stumped as to what exactly how to adequately express my love for this place. I've been staying here for 10 years - i began coming out for business (for extended periods of time) and to this day, i simply come out for personal respites from NYC to a place i find to be my sanctuary and true home away from home. From the atmosphere, scents, open air layout of the entire first floor/lobby/entrance, the food, the "old hollywood" feel and decor that they have very deliberately kept in place, the FOOD, the exquisite tower bar (that is a true hollywood [both "old" and "very new"] experience - that the most elite and who's who of hollywood frequent, the beautiful and peaceful terrace and pool area where i have all lunches and breakfasts - playing 40's music all day, the stunning flowers and landscaping - but MOST OF ABSOLUTE ALL - the people. These people have become so much more to me than employees of a hotel. It starts with Jeff Klein the owner - who has clearly set the tone which trickles down from the top - for the rest of his staff to treat people with ABSOLUTE personal touches everywhere they turn. From the minute i walk back in, to the minute i leave, i am made to feel so very welcome and special. Next is the most amazing, sweet, kind and generous Hotel Ambassador - Tim Cunningham. I can't possibly say enough about this man. He has ensured for 10 years that my every whim is seen to, catered to, taken care of. Whether it's a firmer pillow or a restaurant reservation, or simply a HUGE SMILE and and chat about last night's doings at the Tower Bar, my visit just wouldn't be the same without him. I appreciate him more than i can say. Lastly, to ALL of the wonderful staff at the Sunset Tower - from the waiters at Tower, to the housekeepers, to the front desk, to the amazingly helpful valet and bellmen, and last but not least, to my wonderful wonderful wait staff out on the Terrace and pool who do such an OVER THE TOP IMPECCABLE job each and every day of my stay - including wearing hats that are not even theirs to ensure they help me to get what i need - i just could never thank them enough. And of all of these amazing folks, i MUST point out specifically - Angel. My angel. Angel Juarez has been at Sunset since my very first visit in 2007 and i must say it feels fitting to end my review talking about him. Words cannot possibly describe how i adore him. He is 5 steps ahead of me every day - knowing my preferences, my needs, my schedule, and working so hard - quietly and behind the scenes to ensure i am 100% comfortable and everything runs smoothly. You can't possibly put a price on that. He is one of the kindest, most genuine souls I've ever met and i'm always sad to say good bye!

I hope this review helps you to make one of the best decisions you can regarding a trip to LA - which is staying at the amazing - so very special - gem of home called - The Sunset Tower Hotel.

Room Tip: Views vary depending on direction - either Sunset Blvd or toward the pool/west. Both are gorgeous...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jennifer H
TimSales, Guest Relations Manager at Sunset Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

What can I say, thank you to one of our biggest fans. Jennifer, you are STH family and cannot wait to welcome you home personally.
Dearest regards,

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Sunset tower hotel is a hidden gem. Service was outstanding from valet and front desk. Mike at the desk gave great dinner suggestions. Rooms were nice but small with great linens. Restaurant service is also very good during the day, however I did not get to dine in Tower bar. Overall a great stay and will be back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Hello and thank you for the kind words, we too look forward to welcoming you back.
Until then...

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I can't say enough about the SUNSET TOWER hotel. This is truly a Royal Hollywood experience. The staff and care to me and my family is like no other in Los Angeles or Beverly HIlls. I live here in LA so I know what is the finest. Thank you for the wonderful bedside manner. Love everything about this Hotel and the impeccable service. I will return gladly and continue to have lovely dinners at your Tower Bar. Chad is a great representation of excellence. Love C Fulton

Room Tip: It is worth every penny
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I like this hotel if you can get a room for under $350. The restaurant this the best breakfast. Try the avocado toast! Our adorable outdoor breakfast waiter was The BEST - wish I knew his name- African American with slight build. Pool is small but totally cool and pleasant. Rooms are small and dated but the bathrooms are really nice. Our Amex upgrade was not ready and we had a two hour wait even after arriving at 2 pm. I got some lip from David about how I'm not the only person checking in. Gee thanks. An apology and free drink might be a better choice next time. He was nice the next day. Beds were a tiny bit soft for me. Bathrooms rock. I'd stay here again for the right price.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Travelette,
Thank you for this feedback. It will be shared with our staff for better training. I do hope you reach out to me personally for your next stay. I will make sure it will be perfect.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Pros:
1. Excellent service! Everyone from the bell hop, front desk to room service was amazingly helpful.
2. The room service food was also pretty good! I enjoyed the Cobb salad and grilled cheese with soup.
3. Their restaurant breakfast food options are good. The food was a 7/10 in the restaurant for breakfast ... but again the service was top notch.
4. The spa was nice. It was typical of any nice hotel. Nothing over the top amazing.
5. Their bathroom products are all Kiehls which I liked a lot.
6. Location is excellent and very centralized.

Cons:
1. The hotel is dated. The hallways and rooms are quite dark. It was a struggle to do makeup in the dimly lit room. The elevators are so small!! It was so strange to us. The restaurant is also decorated in an older style. It's definitely got character but it wasn't really our style.
2. Pool is small and can get a little crowded.

Areas for improvement:
1. Add brighter white lights to the bathroom!

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for great service but there are other options that are a little more up to date.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SashaPintos
Reviewed 2 September 2017

The front desk staff made our stay great. Matt's check-in with great suggestions about upgrades and local places to shop was helpful and knowledgeable -- and his special gift to us was enjoyed greatly; and when we were lamenting that we'd forgotten our cribbage board, which we always travel with, David at the front desk came in the next day, on his day off, and left his own personal board for us to use during our stay. That was the most amazing and generous experience I've ever had from a hotel. Shout-outs to both Dave and Matt.

We were here for a wedding. Our room was smallish for a suite, which we upgraded to, but the view was great and other than spotty housekeeping service, we were very happy. The only other thing I would say is that it was awfully dark in the bathroom. Even after maintenance came to change out some bulbs (not at our request) it was still dark. But those are little things. The staff was great, the food -- especially breakfast -- was good, and it was fun to have the option to dine outside or in. Bell staff was prompt and friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeBe M

BeBe,
Thank you for the nice comments. I will make sure to share them with the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Tim Cunningham

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Took my fiance to LA for the first time and we stayed in the Sunset Tower Hotel, the staff was super friendly and we received excellent service especially from the Manager Barbara, Go see Angel in the Restaurant. he will take good care of you

Room Tip: love it here
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidRico1968

David,
Thank you for your great feedback. I will be sure to share this with the staff. We hope LA will be your next go to vacation moreover the Sunset Tower Hotel.
Hope to see you again.

The Hollywood Roosevelt
#16 of 355 in Los Angeles
Andaz West Hollywood
#4 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Sunset Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!