“Ramen Shop To-Go, Average”
Review of Jeannine's Bakery

Jeannine's Bakery
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Ordered some ramen to-go before heading into a meeting, hoping it would be a quick and delicious meal before a busy afternoon.

Have to say, it was disappointing. The size I got in the to-go container was about a third of what was served in the restaurant. I barely got enough broth to cover the noodles, which were all stuck together in one big clump anyways. There was few pieces of tasty pork, which I did enjoy and ended up wishing for more. The ingredients were, alright. No flavors screamed authentic or fresh, and the temperature of my soup when received was warm, not that hot steam you hope for when you open a carton of broth.
The overall atmosphere inside is very confusing. It's very bizarre and doesn't necessarily connect with each other, goes along with the general consensus of "identity crisis." Unfortunately the whole processes seemed very disorganized, as the guy in the back was frantically running around getting orders together.

I hope to come back when the full Japanese transition inside is complete, and dine inside with a better experience. I love ramen, and would love to see this spot succeed!

Reviewed 20 November 2016

It's cold today, high of 60 degrees, so I wanted to have soup. My wife and I decided to try Jeannine's at the 'Target Center.' My first time at this restaurant. I have heard and read mixed reviews, but our experience was very good. I had the 'ramen miso soup with pork' it was mildly spicy and was very tasty. I enjoyed it. My wife had an Arugula salad with blueberries, strawberries, brie cheese, and candied walnuts. Also, very good. Our server was attentive, friendly and professional. The manager came by and checked on us, making sure everything was to our liking. We will be back.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Best scones ever! Their Espresso Scone is unbelievable. The coffee is better than the "coffee places" and their full course breakfasts are very ambitious.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

We went for a late breakfast/early lunch after my granddaughter's soccer game. I guess it was 10:30 or so on a Saturday. The restaurant was not full and from what I have heard, they just started serving seated service. I guess before you ordered at the counter and they served you (like in Montecito CA). That being said, I guess they have not ironed out all the bugs. It took 10 minutes to get the menu, another 10 minutes to get our water, another 10 to come back with the drinks we ordered and then another 10 to get our food. I had to ask three times to bring butter for my biscuit. They have also ordered a noodle/Ramen place in conjunction with their restaurant but it does have different hours. My son's eggs Bennie was delicious, mine was the Farmer's omelet. My granddaughter got the ramen, which was delicious. Our food was great, they serve breakfasts from 7:30 to 3 PM but also serve lunches and dinner. I liked the food, 4 stars, service had to be less than 2 stars. However, they were friendly and apologetic. It just did not seem like they knew what they were doing so I hope they get their act together. I would like to return. It is a huge restaurant with outdoor seating, pleasant and bright.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

I ran over late one evening to grab a quick dinner and remembered I had heard Jeannine's had a ramen bar. I had been there once before and had not been a fan, but I love ramen and udon and didn't know of another place offering it nearby. My husband and I got there and it was so cute! They were playing pokeman videos and had a lot of Japanese speciality items. We ordered the chicken ramen and it did take some time to get it, but it was delicious. I would definitely go again and bring my kids.