“Friendly service, simple hotel”
Review of Super 8 Willits

Super 8 Willits
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Willits
Washington State
“Friendly service, simple hotel”
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Good hotel! King bed was nice. Location easy to find on the Redwood Highway. Breakfast was simple but good variety. They have menus for nearby restaurants in the lobby. Wimpy shower -not much pressure. Internet worked well with a cable, not wifi. Beautiful fountain courtyard. Hotel was built late enough so that there are enough electrical outlets.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
raja158
Reviewed 16 July 2010

Not what I would call a great bargain, $10 less than the Best Western on the day we called around, but this day we were looking for less expensive, so gave it a try. We had stayed at the Super 8 in Crescent City the night before, again based on price, though that Super 8 was $50 less than the Best Western next door. This motel was soooo much nicer than the previous night. The courtyard buffered the noise from Hwy 101 and so the only noise when you opened your room door was the sound of a fountain and not road noise. The motel has a swimming pool and spa in the back which for some would bring relief from the Willits heat. Nice room, we heard no noise from other guests, room had fridge and microwave. Free breakfast was the barest of our week-long trip, with the staff keeping a minimum amount of danishrolls available between guests. Small Indian casino was about 5 minutes away, and showing our room key down the street at a local restaurant got us 10% off our meal.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Fresno
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Although its a Super 8, its by far the best one I have been to. In fact, compared to many other high end hotels that I have stayed at, this one is just as good, if not better. This Super 8 has all of the amenities one can ask for. The managers are very kind and will go out of their way just to make sure you are content with your stay. The rooms are very clean and to top it off, the courtyard and their fountain is very beautiful. I have been a consistent customer at this motel, and the courtyard gets more and more beautiful each year. The courtyard is a very calm and refreshing place to spend some time. I very much recommend this motel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank jillanderson
Vacaville, California
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I read the other reviews and various reviews over the internet before booking and decided this would be a good place for our Memorial Day Weekend, we needed to be centrally located...sounded clean, looked as many pictures as I could...nice enough...
I suppose
Okay so here's the real deal from my/our point of view...
Walked into the smoking room...no ashtrays, okay call the desk...ashtrays were brought up right away...pulled a chair out from the table...it was sooooo gross there was NO way I was going to sit there...again called the front desk...clean chair arrives...okay good.
The WiFi did NOT get a good signal, it would keep dropping so eventually we just gave up using the laptop.
The carpet had some "stuff" ground into it...so we wore shoes all during our stay...
The clock radio began blinking around 11:20 that night, realized it was on auto so I put it back to off position...it now reads 17:L7 and remained that until we left...so obviously the clock was broken.
The sheets & pillow cases were clean but don't look at the bedding too closely...the blankets & spreads were NOT.
The funniest part of the stay...and I mean funny... was the breakfast...yes it was in a VERY CLEAN ROOM but the size of the coffee cups and food was a hoot...they had tiny little 4 oz cups...4oz cups! Did you EVER SEE a 4oz cup?!...There was one lonely pot of coffee half full when we got in there...tiny little pastries, tiny little bagels...we ended up back in the car & went to McDonalds down the street...There's also a sign in the breakfast room that says
"Due to health concerns food cannot be removed from the breakfast area"....what the heck does that mean?! Health concerns?...give me a break!
I did go to the pool which wasn't heated but it was clean.
So last but not least...at check out time...give the keys, and ask for a receipt...she himmed and hawed about how they gave the other person I was with last night something or other...no she didn't, no he didn't...back and forth...finally she hands me the room confirmation sheet...so I left shaking my head...She never asked me how my stay was either...soooooooooo
As I said to my family "we will NOT being staying at that Super 8 in Willets ever again."
So decide for yourself if it's right for you but I'll tell you it's NOT right for me.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank thechick
Washington, DC
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Rooms were very clean and well-maintained, check-in fast, and free in-room (wired) internet access worked great. The motel is located right on the 101 so conveniently located, but they have the rooms arranged in a rectangle facing an inner courtyard, so that you do not have to see the road from your room. We were in a room at the back and did not hear ANY street noise. On-duty manager was very polite and we came away with the impression of a motel that is well-run by hardworking folks.

The only potential issue we had was that the guests in the next room decided to entertain until late in the evening (party in a Super 8? Really?). However, the in-room thermostat has a "fan" function that did a great job of drowning out the noise. This Super 8 had everything we needed to get a good night's sleep, and was a great value.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
los angeles
Reviewed 22 March 2010

My husband and I travel to Willits several times each year and have stayed at most of the motels in town. Hands down, this is the best. Clean as a whistle, responsive staff, reasonable amenities for the price. We have stayed there at least a dozen times over three years and watched the steady improvement of the property. It is a great bargain.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Northern California
Reviewed 19 October 2009

I stayed two nights here. Left my bathing suit hanging on the back of the bathroom door. When I called about it, I was told the manager would call me back. Three days later he called and said they never saw it. His attitude was not friendly or apologetic.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willits
0.1 km away
31.3 km away
Super 8 Ukiah
Super 8 Ukiah
#6 of 15 in Ukiah

Been to Super 8 Willits? Share your experiences!