“What a waste!”
Review of Travelodge Willows

Travelodge Willows
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Willows
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed Wednesday, October 23, 2013. No night stands next to the bed, very dim lighting, and NO HOT WATER!! In fact, there was no water coming out of either the bathroom faucet or shower faucet when the single handle was moved to the hot water side. Plenty of real cold water, what a wonderful way to shave.
No one in the lobby until after 7 a.m., had to go next door (about 1/2 block) away to next hotel to complain. Lady at front desk said she would call for maintenance, I asked what good would that do me if I was checking out.
Later found out from others in our party that the Hotel knew there was no hot water before assigning us the room.
I will never stay here again, even if it was free.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Willows, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Doug J,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the service and hot water issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Willows

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Wednesday evening our group rented about 25 rooms at this place and many of us had issues where we needed to change rooms. toilets not flushing and terrible smells.
My room had no hot water. When I was ready for my shower I needed to call the desk. They sent the maintenance man out (2o minuets later) I overheard him on the phone saying they had been having a problem with the system. (actually I should have noticed the overhead sofet outside the rooms was uncovered, showing the pipes were being worked on.) They moved me to another room. I took a shower but the room smelled so bad of smoke and mold (?) that I told them I was moving back to my old room. Now it's about midnight and I need to get up early and be alert for a long technical day. About 1:30 before I got to sleep.
Others woke to find they had no hot water for their shower. No refunds were offered or considered. I am working with my credit card co. to remedy this.
Oh, by the way the same owner (Rodge Kumar) (sp?) has 3 motels in Willows.

Room Tip: I'll never stay there or Bayhampton or his other motel. I'll need to find out what the 3rd o...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Freemontlowell - We apologize for the maintenance issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We checked in, received a room quickly and friendly staff. This however was not the lobby of Studio 6. We were sent to the next door hotel to check in...as the lobby was under construction.

Room was bare bones. TV was pure static, not working. No way to call lobby. Room was clean, but nothing in in. Bed was horrible.... slept on ground.

Buddy next door had a room key, that turned out to be the master key. We could open any room door.

Other buddy room... well it wasn't clean. All around, horrible hotel, not worth $10 a night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bigb849
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Wow. I've stayed at some nice places, but this place was top notch! I only wish it had a vibrating bed. The shower head has a massager, which was nice. It was a little pricey at $39 a night, but what the heck! You only live once! I highly recommend if you're looking for something extra special.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed here August 22, 2013. We chose this hotel because we were towing a boat and needed pet friendly hotel with a large parking area. We were very glad we chose Studio 6. Often hotels assign crummy rooms to guests with pets. Sometimes we are only offered smoking rooms. Our room at Studio 6 was lovely. Although this is a budget hotel, the decor and amenities are equal to many much more expensive hotels. Our two queen beds were made up like those in upscale hotels. Although we did no cooking, we appreciated attractive cabinets, black counter top, black glass cooktop, microwave and refrigerator. The wall was prepared for installation of a Flat screen TV. The desk clerk said they had been ordered. As guests of the hotel we recieved a fifteen percent discount at the excellent Mexican restaurant next door.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stay at this property maybe once or twice a year for the racetrack. I recently stopped by and I was very pleasantly surprised by the new rooms. They have wood floors and kitchenettes which is definitely great when you want to make something instead of go out. The staff was very friendly and the girl working remembered me from last year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stayed here after some AFM races at the local track and was pleasantly surprised. Clean, affordable, good parking for a vehicle with trailer. Just what was needed. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was that the pool was more of a pond growing reeds and totally unusuable on a hot day, which would have been nice.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business