“Great stop off”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Blandinsville, Illinois, United States
“Great stop off”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed here on our way to wine country. Clean nice rooms right off highway 101.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
HIEinWindsor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor - Sonoma County, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the feedback and hope you stop off again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Eureka, California
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriend for one night as a part of a Wine Country weekend. Overall, this is a great hotel and a great property. I would recommend it to any one staying in this area.

The staff at the property was excellent. They were very friendly and very efficient. They even acknowledged us when we walked in even though assisting another guest. I also noticed that we were greeted by name when we returned for pool towels and at checkout. In my opinion (as someone in the Hospitality business) that was both excellent and rare to see. You never felt rushed and the staff was always friendly. The only odd thing was that they call your room to ensure everything is OK after you get in your room. While on the one hand this is a nice touch it might be better if they offered an opt-out option for those who desire not to be interrupted.

The room was large and comfortable and included a very nice mattress and linens. It had a good size LCD TV and the room itself was in very good condition and very clean. You can tell that this hotel is a fairly newer property and it shows. We had a "Soak Tub" room which featured an oversized tub that unlike some other "two" person tubs, could actually comfortably fit two people. The bathroom vanity, fixtures and linens were all very nice and in good condition.

While staying we took advantage of the free breakfast and it was very tasty and had many options. I noticed sausage patties, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, milk, juices, eggs and a few other items as well. Everything was tasty and it appeared that everything was well stocked and fresh. We also used the hot tub and it was clean, well maintained and indoors.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a getaway weekend. It is very close to a casino (River Rock) along with the town (and wine tasting) of Geysererville and is a short drive to many Wineries along Highway 128. Speaking of HWY 128, this hotel is a great place to stay for day visits to Calistoga and its surrounding attraction as well.

We had a great stay and I would recommend this hotel for pleasure or (as a frequent business traveler) for business as it is great and has easy freeway access and many restaurants close to it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Embers49
Thanks for taking your time to post a review. I'm so glad you found our property so well appointed and the staff services "friendly and efficient" that means a lot, especially coming from a fellow hotelier. I'm gunna get personal here. When I travel, I should travel with a stack of apology cards and maybe even chocolates for the associates that have the bad luck to be on shift when I check in. When you have an understanding of what service is and how it should look from an insider perspective it's really tough to be objective and let all that go and just... be a guest. I care about the details, the right attitude behind the desk. People that look for a reason they have to say no and not a reason to have to say yes. Hopefully I'm not as bad as I fear but no one ever seems to match the pleasant and thoughtful service I see happening behind our desk every day. Keeping in mind of course I am completely and hopelessly biased!
skowhegan maine
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I am only 5 2...and their new beds are sooo high it was difficult to get into them .. the sink in the bathroom came to the top of my chest .. I really needed a stool to brush my teeth ., the hotel seems new and the staff was most receptive , it did seem that that every thing seemed to have problem...the clock in the room just kept flashing and couldnt be set so they traded it out .. the computor in the business center would only go to the holiday inn site ,couldnt get to any other site to get my tickets .. they had to call cit to fix ..also coffee maker broker down and they had to send to starbucks for morning coffee ,, but the staff was great ..worked hard to fix everything ... would stay again but would have to bring a step stool ...

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank breingan
HIEinWindsor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor - Sonoma County, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Our lovely new beds are definitely taller than the standard 9 inch mattresses we used to have, a price we had to pay for getting pillowtop on both sides. For clarification sake I've measured the beds from the floor to the top of the mattress at 31 inches for any reviewers interested in the exact height measurements. It seems most hotels these days have taller beds. (The ones I've stayed in recently anyway) I've noticed that at 5'9" so I can surely sympathize with the difficulty this trend has for people considered medically "average" or "short." The thing is the nice beds made these days are much thicker than before. Even with a frame that only stands 4 or 5 inches from the floor those beds can present an imposing figure. I will be sure to forward your comments to management as others have likely had the same impression. I'm not entirely sure what can be done as I know we purchased frames that would add the least amount of height to those beasty beds. I want to thank you kindly for the review on Trip Advisor and for bringing this topic to our attention. Looking forward to seeing you on your return visit! Be sure and introduce yourself, I'd love the opportunity to spoil you next time around.
Porterville
Reviewed 26 January 2012

this is a fairly new hotel and very nice. It's reasonably priced, the staff is very helpful and the rooms are comfortable. You're in the heart of wine country and 15 minutes from the Coppola winery. Internet is strong and easy to connect, and the breakfast is standard HIE fare (which is the best in the industry).
Very close to shopping, food, and downtown Windsor. This is a major improvement from the former HIE that was in Santa Rosa. One reviewer had problems with the pool but for the business traveler, or somewhere to sleep while visiting the area you won't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
I'm so glad our property met your needs during your recent trip to Sonoma County and left such a favorable impression. We have sorted out our pool heating difficulties and it is back up and running properly so happily that should not be an issue going forward. Thanks for taking the time to rate our business on Trip Advisor and let people know your thoughts on the quality of service and product we provide.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My wife and I stayed 2 nights while visiting our son the weekend before Thanksgiving. We booked online with a late arrival. The hotel staff had everything ready and recognized we were very tired at 1 am in the morning. That made sure we got checked into our room without any delay. The room was very comfortable and extremely clean. The breakfast buffet had a wide selection of fresh food and piping hot.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank norton172
1am? That had to be Robin! She so readily gets into what an individual guests needs are and follows through accordingly. Thanks for the great hotel review, I truely appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback for us. Hurry back!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Pick somewhere else otherwise the traffic noise is unbearable 24 hours a day!

• Stayed November 2011
HIEinWindsor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor - Sonoma County, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Oh no.. I am going to guess you ended up in one of the end rooms. Unfortunately there are a few rooms that are closer to the highway and as a result can be less than tranquil on nights it's busy out. As a rule we always try to fill up the rooms furthest away from the highway and work our way down the arms of the building. Please feel free to contact me here at the hotel. I would like to take a moment of your time and hear about your experience and we can go from there. Just ask for Michelle. Cheers.
Calgary
Reviewed 13 November 2011

we were in windsor for 5 nites for a triathlon. I was amazed at the staff at the hotel supporting us in anyway they could. also the hot breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DaveCalgary
HIEinWindsor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor - Sonoma County, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Thanks for the review on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We love being engaged with what our guests are here doing. It makes for better service and, well, frankly it adds interest for the staff and turns work into play. (Which I am all for!) We are so blessed to be in a position to get paid for being a part of so many good times and once in a life time moments with people. Thanks for letting us be a part of one of yours!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
0.3 km away
14.5 km away
Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel
Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel
#3 of 25 in Santa Rosa

Been to Holiday Inn Express Windsor - Sonoma County? Share your experiences!