“Surprising location, a great place for breakfast!”
Review of Runway Cafe

Runway Cafe
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Woodlake
Reviewed July 2, 2016

My friend and I found this place based on reviews and were very pleased to have done so. What surprised us most was the location. Suddenly it made sense as to why it was called the "Runway" Cafe. It's in the middle of an airfield with nothing to see except the field and some small planes.

It was a very warm day when we arrived so stepping into a well air conditioned diner was very welcome. The food and service were top notch. They were not used to serving someone with gluten free limitations, but did their best. My full meat omelette (their meats were not heavily salted so was okay for my low sodium diet) was absolutely delicious and the hashbrown tasted homemade and crispy. If I lived in that area I'd eat there every day.

I would not consider this "cheap eats", but great value for money and a welcoming place to spend a relaxing time eating breakfast, with friends or on my own.

One thing to note was the funky smell outside the diner. My friend thought it might be due to being so close to the city's water treatment facility.

Reviewed February 5, 2016 via mobile

First visit to this exceptional and out of the way spot and it won't be my last. Sunday morning breakfast, busy but not crowded, guests appeared to be mostly local. Farm fresh eggs cooked exactly as I ordered them, two center cut pork chops nicely seasoned and crispy; just like I ordered them. On the table there were jars of fresh picante and a local fruit jam. Coffee was way better than what I've come to expect in most diners and they provide an assortment of flavored creamers to sweeten it the way you want.

Nice view of the small air strip and hangers nearby, new and vintage aircraft memorabilia decorates every wall. What more could you ask for in good food, atmosphere and character?

Reviewed July 6, 2015 via mobile

On our recent trip to Sequoia National Park The Runway Cafe was recommended to us by the hotel we stayed at. This cafe is located at a small airport in Woiodlake, CA. We were greeted by the cafe staff upon entering. Coffee was quickly served. I ordered the Ultimate omelette which was the fluffiest, best tasting omelette I've ever had. My wife ordered the apple wood bacon and the eggs were farm fresh. Prices were good and will return again.

Reviewed July 6, 2015 via mobile

This is a small, clean cafe off the beaten path by a small airstrip. We were immediately greeted by our waitress Charnae. Our beverage order was quickly taken. Charnae took our food order, which was served within 5 minutes. Steve the cook made the fluffiest omelots we have ever had. The applewood bacon put other bacon to shame. And I can't forget the home made strawberry jam that Charnae recommended. The Runway Cafe is a must on our next trip to Sequoia!!

Reviewed April 22, 2015

Unique setting on the runway at Woodlake Airport. Diner style home cooking. Went for breakfast and they can really put out a meal, way to much food. Omelet was fantastic. Service was good and friendly. They just reopened, very clean and should get busy as time goes on and folks find out how good the food is. Prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank Paul D

Been to Runway Cafe? Share your experiences!