“One of our favorite ways to start the week.”
Review of Runway Cafe

Runway Cafe
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Woodlake
Reviewed October 19, 2016

We eat here about once a month on Sunday morning. Open from 5am to 2ish it is built for a relaxed meal shared with friends. So many choices for breakfast that we have not worked our way through them all. So far my favorites include the chili Verde omelette and the chicken fried steak. Equally good are the ham steak and country files. Down home southern style cooking and staff who can greet many customers by name. Don't worry that you are not a native, you will fit right in. Located at the tiny airport you can watch people come and go in everything from shiny airplanes to Dusty ranch trucks. Try the morning sandwich with a cup of coffee and settle in.

Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

Friendly service to go with fine meal. Good selection for vegetarians and meat eaters. Watch the airplanes as you eat fresh fruit and drink coffee.

Reviewed July 23, 2016

Grand venue for children, who can watch private planes land and take-off while waiting for others to arrive or for meal. Service is efficient and frequent. Coffe cups do not have a chance to empty here. Will definitely return on next visit.

Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

Great place for a awesome old fashioned Diner type meal. Had their special for the day, Chicken Fried Steak, very good. Green beans were so so but everything else was great. Great service will definitely go back again. Located at Woodlake Airport. A real hidden dining treasure.

Reviewed July 2, 2016

My friend and I found this place based on reviews and were very pleased to have done so. What surprised us most was the location. Suddenly it made sense as to why it was called the "Runway" Cafe. It's in the middle of an airfield with nothing to see except the field and some small planes.

It was a very warm day when we arrived so stepping into a well air conditioned diner was very welcome. The food and service were top notch. They were not used to serving someone with gluten free limitations, but did their best. My full meat omelette (their meats were not heavily salted so was okay for my low sodium diet) was absolutely delicious and the hashbrown tasted homemade and crispy. If I lived in that area I'd eat there every day.

I would not consider this "cheap eats", but great value for money and a welcoming place to spend a relaxing time eating breakfast, with friends or on my own.

One thing to note was the funky smell outside the diner. My friend thought it might be due to being so close to the city's water treatment facility.

Been to Runway Cafe? Share your experiences!