“If you want top Chinesse food try Chows. Not cheap, but nothing good ever is.”
Review of House of Chow

House of Chow
Ranked #28 of 46 Restaurants in Sans Souci
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Its like stepping back into the 1980s because of the decor. Its very clean. The staff are friendly. When we got take away the waiter carried it to the car.
It is a bit pricey compared to the run of the mill Chinese restaurant however the food is truly excellent. The last time I had Chinese food anywhere near as good it was in a restaurant in Hobart Tasmania and, from memory, that was and one of Hobarts finest restaurants and far more expensive than Chows.

There are newer reviews for House of Chow

Reviewed 24 September 2015

My wife and I had not eaten here for a few years however we thought we would give it a go on our way back from Cronulla to Sydney.
The décor had not changed a bit over the years, however the food and cost had greatly changed.
We had memories of this being a great Chinese restaurant. I would now call it an Australian try hard version of Chinese food that obviously has the local’s hooked as there is not another Chinese Restaurant around for many miles for them to taste real Chinese food.
The food is nothing special, we found it bland including the boiled rice which was clunky and stuck together. Costs, well I have taken a picture of the current Menu and attached. The mains are expensive more those you would expect to pay in a 5 star authentic Chinese restaurant in China Town.
My suggestion is drive a few more miles and look for another restaurant that has chop sticks and bowls for the food on the table instead of knives and forks with a plate (Aussie version)

Reviewed 29 July 2015

what a fantastic institution this is - the food is just fabulous - the best I've had for Chinese food . This place is better than any supposed 5 star place in the city or elsewhere

the decor is dated but who cares its comfortable and the food is just delicious

the people are so nice there and efficient also particularly the lady who just knows about food and tastes etc..
they do special requests also - i just love it just try this place it will surprise you - it is not the typical Chinese restaurant which serves up gluey and tasteless food and who don't really care

i can't wait to get back there

Reviewed 15 September 2014

I have been visiting this restaurant and having home deliveries for several years. I have ALWAYS had an excellent meal no matter what day, what time, or dine in or take away. Even though the menu never changes there is always a wealth of choice. When dining in the service is excellent. The decor is somewhat dated but in my view not that important. The meals are somewhat expensive. However I believe you get what you pay for. I have dined in many Chinese Restaurants over the years and always come back to the House of Chow. My absolute favourite Chinese restaurant.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The first thing we noticed that there was no chop sticks on the table so we concluded that this is an "Australian " Chinese restaurant. We received a small container of fried rice which was too oily that cost $13 which I believe is very expensive and not enough for 3 people .I would go for the plain rice which was only $3 . The prawns were fresh and tasty however could have done with some snow peas etc. to liven up the dish especially when it cost about $36 from memory. The wine was also very expensive. Don't get me wrong we enjoyed the meal and the ambience of the restaurant ,however we have experienced much better at a more reasonable price. The staff were well trained and attentive. Judging by the farewells at the door by the staff I would say that the restaurant has a lot of loyal customers.