All reviews heated floors redd wood restaurant rainfall shower head boutique hotel restoration hardware french laundry glass of wine napa valley beautiful courtyard rooms face great boutique bathroom floor small hotel wine country comfortable bed bouchon pastries double sinks
Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

We decided to stay over Christmas for a little holiday R&R. It was recommended to us by a friend. Beautiful room, super comfy bed, loved the cozy chair for reading and the service was excellent! We were even surprised with some Bouchon gingerbread cookies on Christmas. Now how cool is that? We will definitely come back. Oh and the location is perfect...in walking distance to dining and shopping.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ty A, General Manager at North Block Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Hi Susie,
Thank you for your visit.
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed the special touches over the holidays.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
My best,

Reviewed December 23, 2017

Yountville is a cute little town full of fantastic restaurants. So, staying in Yountville downtown is pricey, but the convenience is hard to beat. It was such a luxury that our hotel room was just 5 mins walk away after the incredible meal (with lots of drinks) at The French Laundry. Ciccio, a fun and delicious Italian restaurant is across the street. We also enjoyed 10 mins peaceful walk to Bouchon Bakery for breakfast.

The North Block has bikes for hotel guests to use. There are many great wineries within 10-30 mins distance. We cycled to some of them, which was A LOT of fun.

We stayed at the Premium King room. This room was nice but not special. The bed was too soft for me. The problem was a noise from traffic. Since the North Block is located next to St. Helena Highway, I heard a traffic sound all night. It was not too bad, but that definitely affected my sleep quality. There may be quieter rooms inside the property, but I don’t know. It’s worth asking on reservation.

Everyone at the Front Desk was attentive and friendly.

Swimming pool and jacuzzi were fun.

Inclusive breakfast (at Redd Wood) was not worth going.

Room tip: Worth checking if they have quiet rooms before making a reservation
Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank Akiko O

Dear Sunshine,
Thank you for your visit to North Block.
I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed so much that our wonderful town of Yountville has to offer.
Although we typically don't get feedback on the noise, we do have many rooms in very quiet locations - please let us know prior to your next visit and we'll do our best to be sure your stay is perfect.
My best,

Reviewed December 23, 2017

We picked this hotel randomly for a quick stopover in Yountville. We were greeted by a very friendly staff who checked us in early and held our luggage while we went out on a wine tour.

When we returned we were met with a glass of wine and more friendly service.

The rooms are very well decorated with a plush, warm vibe.The bathrooms in particular were luxurious with a huge tub and rainfall shower head. The robes were the best I have ever seen and I really wanted to steal one. Instead I purchased one for $120.

The bed was extremely comfortable. All of the soaps / oils etc first class.

Next time we are in Yountville we will 100% be back.

Thanks so much North Block!

Dear Digital Noir,
Thank you for the five-star review of your stay at North Block!
I'm so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.
In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the robe!
My very best,

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Adorable rooms amidst a beautiful courtyard. Really, really nice foliage and overall vibe. Very relaxing and fantastic location. Good restaurant on premises. Service was exceptional and would stay there again!!!

Dear iloveargentina.
Thank you for your visit to North Block.
It's wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your stay.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed November 27, 2017

Beautiful hotel and rooms with excellent service, quality & location. Came to visit the wineries and restaurants in Napa area and were delighted with this hotel. We loved our stay and would absolutely come back.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ty A, General Manager at North Block Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Dear Sarah,
Thank you for the wonderful review.
The NB team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards,