“Love, love love this hotel”
Review of Vintage House

Vintage House
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I have stayed at this Inn on and off over the past 20 years and it continues to be one of my favorites. It is located in the tiny town of Yountville so it is easy to walk everywhere. The hotel serves a excellent brunch. It is not the heavy "roast beef" style however everything offered is very good. They have added an omlet bar since I was last there but with all the other offerings we did not make it there. They added an afternoon tea which is very good w small sandwiches and deserts. You most likely can tell that I am into food. All too true.
Yountville is the home of the top rated resturant The French Laundry. With sufficient notice the hotel can get you a reservation though you may need to be flexible on the time.

Back to the hotel: there is a wonderful pool and hot tub, access to a gym (neglected to ck out) and to a spa w/in walking distance. Rooms are large w fireplace, patio/deck and baths have large soaking tubs most likely w bubbles. Again, I did not try. The deep tub may be somewhat difficult to climb in if one has mobility issues however, I am certain they have a variety of rooms.
This trip I went w my son. He went bicycling while I walked around, went to the few stores and read.

Room Tip: I think they are all good. I generally go for the best deal. I have yet to be disappointed.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nlwl

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Vintage Inn last minute. We wanted to be close to our restaurant reservations. The stay at Vintage Inn was fabulous and friendly. They have two house cats on premises that have the run of the place; they are endearing. They also have an amazing breakfast in the morning, providing everything from fresh omlettes to mimosas and bloody Mary's. We love this place; well worth the cost!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Great central location. Walk to various restaurants, including the famous French Laundry. Easy access to highway that leads to all of the top wineries just driving minutes away. Vintage Inn is a series of low rise separate wings set amidst impeccably groomed grounds, lush and green with beautiful flowers. We had an upstairs (2nd floor) room with a fireplace and logs waiting in a basket as well as a bottle of wine. The bathroom was quite spacious and I enjoyed having windows that opened in all rooms. Even during the summer, the nights cooled off, and the fresh air was wonderful. Some people may find this hotel a tiny bit on the quaint side if they only like super-modern, ultra 5 star. You do have to climb stairs to get to a second level room. But with all of the good food and wine, I'd hope that people would enjoy burning off an extra calorie or two.

Room Tip: Even though our room's balcony opened onto the main street, there was no late night traffic, and...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Read the details below for the amazing perks of this very special place. This review is 10 years/30 visits past due. If there were an Oscar for the best hotel Manager in Napa Valley Jeff Smith deserves it. Since our first visit 10 years ago until today Jeff makes us and every visitor feel appreciated to chose the Vintage Inn. We have always received exceptional service with room requests, restaurant recommendations, transportation to wineries, ect. We have recommended the Vintage Inn to our friends around the country and they can't thank us enough. Don't make the mistake of going to another newer pricier hotel to be treated like a nobody. The rooms, grounds, brunch, staff ect make the Vintage the perfect choice. Thanks Jeff-- The Logan's

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Caroline L
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Amazing place, location, rooms and Spa. And the Signature Champagne Breakfast is addictive! We reviewed it here:

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Thank Still Served Wa... S
Reviewed 3 February 2012

My fiancé and I recently stayed a night here to celebrate my birthday and had a wonderful time. We stayed there around the same time last year and couldn't pass up on a good internet deal. The hotel grounds are beautifully landscaped and maintained while the rooms themselves are nicely appointed with Nespresso coffee makers, a fire log and complimentary bottle of red or white wine. We enjoyed a dinner at Bouchon across the street so we just had to walk our full bellies back 2 minutes to our room. The hotel staff are professional and very accommodating. The complimentary breakfast and tea time always make our day. My fiancé especially likes the complimentary access to the spa facilities at the adjacent Villagio Inn! No doubt we will be back again next year!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We got a pretty excellent rate for the timeframe we were there (in between Christmas and New Year's).

We enjoyed the champagne brunch and fireplace.

The bed was not comfortable. It slanted downward from foot to head. I did not sleep well either night.

The TV was old, as were all of the furnishings in the room, including the carpet. More of a vintage charm, which is not my thing.

The complimentary fitness center was the tiny Yountville Fitness Center down the street. I was disappointed that we could not use the workout facilities at what I thought was their sister property - the Villagio, down the street.

The pool area looked nice, although it was too cold for us to use it.

We would probably not return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank prazakr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
0.9 km away
North Block Hotel
#4 of 6 in Yountville
12.8 km away
Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer

Been to Vintage House? Share your experiences!