“if staying in a king suite check it first, it may be a vary small room”

Hampton Inn & Suites Yuba City
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Yuba City
Reviewed 20 May 2016

We have stayed at this Hampton before & it wasn't bad, but this time I did a early check in & after driving for 250 mile to a family reunion that same day we were tired. I had booked 2 rooms, a double queen, and a king suite. The double queen room was larger than our king suite. It had a long narrow table across the room that was almost as wide as the room it self & a pull out that was along the wall. When I spoke to a heavy set guy he laugh a little and said yes it is. I told him that they had a taken a reg. room & charged a king suite price. I asked we could be moved to a larger room & he said everything was filled. I told him I'm not happy with this room. He never said sorry. The next morning I walked out to the pool area & was surprise to algae growing in both the spa & pool. A lady with her children was swimming & said that looked like algae I said yes your right. I know because I'm in the swimming pool business. she got her kids out right a way. On check out I inform the guy about the pool/spa & told him by law they have to close the pool, and about how displeased I was with everything. He never got the manager, nothing was offered to me not even I'm sorry. I've been a HHonor member since 1995 & stayed at this Hampton before, but never again. Next time I'll stay in Sac. at the Embassy Suits for which we have stayed many time, even if it means driving 100 back from Yuba City. Date stayed 5/14/16

Room Tip: Check the room out before you stay & pool
1  Thank Larry E G

Reviewed 18 May 2016

First time I stayed at the Hampton Inn all was good. This time the guests in the room above me were very noisy until 1:00 am. I spent good money on a suite and was not disappointed in that respect. I just wish someone would have told the guests above me to tone it down a bit.

Reviewed 13 May 2016

Nice quiet rooms and great beds. Sleep is no problem here. Very close to grocery store and shopping mall. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Large lounge area, nice pool and hot tube. Don't care for the fact of no luggage stand and the dressers have been replaced with metal baskets.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2016

Very nice place to stay. Very close to shopping, restaurants, etc. One of the best hotels in the area. I highly recommend it. Newly renovated, so everything looked new. The hotel staff were great. Very friendly.

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

We stayed here one night. We stayed in the non smoking rooms. They were very clean. Beds were comfortable. We had two queen beds. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the breakfast. Easy to find parking. Overall good experience.

Only thing that was kind of scary at first was the elavator. As it goes up, it rattles. Scared me and the kids but we got used ro it.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2016

Hotel was ok, tried to cancel this reservation to stay with our son who is in the military, but 10 hours notice was not enough for management... 24hr cancellation policy is totally UNBENDABLE!!! The manager said they were going to charge us anyway, but would be happy to cancel our rooms, which forced us to stay there instead. We were disappointed with her decision and tried to speak with her, but she refused our calls. On top of the fact that had happened & we stayed there, we are Hilton diamond members, and they had designated diamond parking right by the front door, which was taken up by employees... We saw them exiting their vehicles to go in to work, and we had to park further away... Rude! The bed in our room was not changed, full of hair from previous guest, as was the tub. We asked for fresh sheets and housekeeping knocked on our door and handed them to us... We had to change the nasty ones ourselves... My mother called front desk and asked for extra towels, was told to come get them... Our tv had a note on it with instructions on which button to push on the back o turn off & on, apparently the remote on/off was broken... Just wondering if it was because we had tried to cancel or what, so she gave us the crap rooms, but overall bad experience here!!!

Room Tip: Pick elsewhere...
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2016

I am a huge fan of this chain. The other cities I have stayed at were wonderful. Wonderful service, wonderful room, wonderful breakfast. This location, however, was lacking. It was lacking Customer Service, and the "I CAN" attitude that is so consistent at the other locations. First, they could not match the discount that I could get. So I had to log onto my computer and get it - a whopping $4.00 discount. (usually that could be matched over the counter- but this girl who helped me just seemed to not care and/or didn't want to do it)Then, the girl helping me left the front area and went in the back to chit chat with her co-worker for a while. The next morning, I overheard one of the two front desk clerks tell someone on the phone that they could not honor a AAA discount, that they were done giving out the AAA discounts for the day. WHAT THE HECK?!!! How rude! Once again I saw the lack of Customer Service, the lack of the Customer comes first, the disrespect. It was sad to see. Sure the hotel is good, but not that good. You cannot overcome poor Customer Service with such a bad attitude and a lack of caring. I sincerely hope that the Manager sees this review and changes her employees "I Can't" attitude into an "I CAN" ATTITUDE. Maybe also, they can also get rid of the smug attitude of the girl that helped me. I will not stay here again. I will drive to a different city and stay at a Hampton Inn that treats their customers right. Vacaville is great!!, Yuba City is a disappointment.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
0.8 km away
Travelodge Yuba City
Travelodge Yuba City
#4 of 9 in Yuba City

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Yuba City? Share your experiences!