All reviews whole foods modern hotel development area bus stop in front el jebel retail shops free bicycles nice kitchenette monday to thursday highway side filtered water free breakfast every morning hvac system complimentary happy hour liquor store hot tub starwood hotels
Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

One of the best place to stay . Great location and wonderful service. 30 minutes drive to Snowmass Village. Highly recommended . Clean room, beautiful lobby, swimming pool, fitness club and great breakfast.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Vicky B, Assistant General Manager at Element Basalt Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2018

Dear Musfique H,

Thank you so much for your review! We take pride in our hotel and are glad that it showed through in your experience.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2017

Woke up 2 days in a row with new, itchy, swollen bites! Vicky the Sales Manager was unapologetic blaming spiders and condescending with me telling me, "if you live in this world you know about spiders"! Yet, the hotel front desk admitted it was not the first incidence with bed bugs and moved us for our last night and quarantined our prior room! Still till this day the General Manager, Sally O. Alward has refused to talk with us and she has not returned my messages. Very disappointing!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
ElementBasaltGM, General Manager at Element Basalt Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Dear Michelle,

I have been trying to contact you, but perhaps I have the incorrect phone number as it goes directly to a generic voicemail that I have left several messages on. Would you please call me directly at 970-340-4041 so that we can discuss this issue?
I would like to extend my sincerest apologies that I was not able to contact you on the number you left on my voicemail.
Unfortunately we were only informed by your brother about his bites when he checked out after the second night. We would have been more than happy to move your rooms after your first night had we known the situation.
Due to the seriousness of the complaint, we did have an expert investigate the room after your departure; there was nothing discovered. We went ahead with proper procedure to have the room treated non-the-less.
Please call me at your earliest convenience as I would like to extend my apologies in person.
Thank you for your review, and I wish you a Happy New Year.

Reviewed November 30, 2017

We spent two nights just before Thanksgiving, and the hotel couldn’t have been better. The staff welcomed us warmly. An engaging hostess made sure we had spirits and appetizers before dinner. Our two-room suite had a well equipped kitchenette and a very nice sitting area. The fitness center was modest, but the equipment was new, clean, and worked well. The hotel lounge had comfortable sitting and working areas. The business center contained modern equipment. A Whole Foods was almost across the street, as were many small businesses that cater to tourists. There was a free shuttle that took us to and from Aspen. All in all, we couldn’t have been happier.

Room tip: Update your GPS because the streets in the hotel area are new.
Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcP9243SK
Vicky B, Assistant General Manager at Element Basalt Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2017

Dear M C,

Thank you for your review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. The shuttle/ bus between Element Basalt-Aspen and the town of Aspen is free for seniors 65+, and is $5 each way for other passengers. In any case, it is very convenient and saves you from the worry of driving and parking in town! We hope to see you again soon.
Safe travels!!

Reviewed November 30, 2017

If you're looking for a modern hotel chock full of amenities, this is the one for you. I really appreciated all the services, Whole Foods, Starbucks, etc closeby. Only downside for me is the energy efficient lighting is too little for the room making it feel a bit dour at night. The energy efficient shower head is like tens of needles of water rather than a relaxing flow. Service was great and friendly. Highly recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank BobPhibbs

Dear BobPhibbs,

Thank you for taking the time to review Element Basalt-Aspen. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Sometimes being energy efficient is a give and take, and we appreciate your input. We look forward to hosting you again.

Take care!

Reviewed November 15, 2017

This hotel was recommended by friends we were visiting and we were very pleased with the experience. We arrived early afternoon and able to check in early which was very helpful. Front desk staff person very helpful. This hotel is new and immaculate! Sleek contemporary furnishings, very hip and upbeat and nicely appointed. There is a pool, hot tub, small shop, breakfast and fitness center.... none that we enjoyed but they looked inviting. The room was well appointed with a small kitchenette, desk and TV on a swivel for easy viewing. It would have been helpful if the beds were a little further away from the wall (tough for 2 people getting in and out) and if the fan on the AC didn't go on and off all night but otherwise a very pleasant stay. Will recommend.

Room tip: Room overlooking pool was quiet
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Vicky B, Assistant General Manager at Element Basalt Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2017

Thank you for your review olinmom! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Happy travels!