All reviews whole foods modern hotel development area bus stop in front el jebel retail shops free bicycles nice kitchenette monday to thursday highway side filtered water free breakfast every morning hvac system complimentary happy hour outdoor jacuzzi liquor store hot tub
Reviewed January 12, 2018

Wow, this is a very nice, modern hotel. Free parking, great location in an upscale (but affordable) shopping and entertainment district near Aspen. Several dining options within a block or two of the property and even a very nice Whole Foods for additional affordable options. The is a grocery store less than a mile away if you have other needs beyond Whole Foods.

Front desk gentleman, Eba, was very helpful and friendly. Eba really made me feel welcome at the property and was quick to acknowledge by SPG Gold status. My small family of 3 really enjoyed the one bedroom suite. Plenty of space for us. Having 2 TVs is always a plus when traveling with a kid! Shower was very sleek and surprisingly warm.

My only complaint dealt with the road noise. Element had 2 "blackout" curtains on each window, but road noise was still prominent, especially in the early morning. I don't know that Element can do anything more about the road noise, so it's hard to fault the property for that. Still, this is the only issue preventing a 5 Star rating.

One other thing to note is the "green" effort. I admit to being slow to adjust to this. No brochures on the property (was my first time in the Aspen area), so I had to do web searches for info. Also, there are no icemakers on the guest room floors, but there are complimentary "mini-bags" of ice available at the front desk. Still, this is not a fault of the property - they are clearly trying to lessen the environmental footprint. This is just something that would be good to know for guests like me.

I got to enjoy happy hour refreshments and breakfast - a nice touch to the hotel.

Room tip: Ask for rooms that are further away from highway
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Vicky B, Assistant General Manager at Element Basalt Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

Thank you for the review Mark S!
We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Eba started with us just over a month ago, and is definitely an asset to our team. Element brand prides itself on being a green hotel; we recognize there are some disadvantages, but the pros do outweigh the cons in the long run. Thank you for expressing this in your review so others are aware.
We wish you a wonderful new year and hope to see you again soon.

Vicky

Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

One of the best place to stay . Great location and wonderful service. 30 minutes drive to Snowmass Village. Highly recommended . Clean room, beautiful lobby, swimming pool, fitness club and great breakfast.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Vicky B, Assistant General Manager at Element Basalt Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2018

Dear Musfique H,

Thank you so much for your review! We take pride in our hotel and are glad that it showed through in your experience.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2017

Woke up 2 days in a row with new, itchy, swollen bites! Vicky the Sales Manager was unapologetic blaming spiders and condescending with me telling me, "if you live in this world you know about spiders"! Yet, the hotel front desk admitted it was not the first incidence with bed bugs and moved us for our last night and quarantined our prior room! Still till this day the General Manager, Sally O. Alward has refused to talk with us and she has not returned my messages. Very disappointing!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
ElementBasaltGM, General Manager at Element Basalt Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Dear Michelle,

I have been trying to contact you, but perhaps I have the incorrect phone number as it goes directly to a generic voicemail that I have left several messages on. Would you please call me directly at 970-340-4041 so that we can discuss this issue?
I would like to extend my sincerest apologies that I was not able to contact you on the number you left on my voicemail.
Unfortunately we were only informed by your brother about his bites when he checked out after the second night. We would have been more than happy to move your rooms after your first night had we known the situation.
Due to the seriousness of the complaint, we did have an expert investigate the room after your departure; there was nothing discovered. We went ahead with proper procedure to have the room treated non-the-less.
Please call me at your earliest convenience as I would like to extend my apologies in person.
Thank you for your review, and I wish you a Happy New Year.

Reviewed November 30, 2017

We spent two nights just before Thanksgiving, and the hotel couldn’t have been better. The staff welcomed us warmly. An engaging hostess made sure we had spirits and appetizers before dinner. Our two-room suite had a well equipped kitchenette and a very nice sitting area. The fitness center was modest, but the equipment was new, clean, and worked well. The hotel lounge had comfortable sitting and working areas. The business center contained modern equipment. A Whole Foods was almost across the street, as were many small businesses that cater to tourists. There was a free shuttle that took us to and from Aspen. All in all, we couldn’t have been happier.

Room tip: Update your GPS because the streets in the hotel area are new.
Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcP9243SK
Vicky B, Assistant General Manager at Element Basalt Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2017

Dear M C,

Thank you for your review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. The shuttle/ bus between Element Basalt-Aspen and the town of Aspen is free for seniors 65+, and is $5 each way for other passengers. In any case, it is very convenient and saves you from the worry of driving and parking in town! We hope to see you again soon.
Safe travels!!

Reviewed November 30, 2017

If you're looking for a modern hotel chock full of amenities, this is the one for you. I really appreciated all the services, Whole Foods, Starbucks, etc closeby. Only downside for me is the energy efficient lighting is too little for the room making it feel a bit dour at night. The energy efficient shower head is like tens of needles of water rather than a relaxing flow. Service was great and friendly. Highly recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank BobPhibbs

Dear BobPhibbs,

Thank you for taking the time to review Element Basalt-Aspen. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Sometimes being energy efficient is a give and take, and we appreciate your input. We look forward to hosting you again.

Take care!