All reviews whole foods modern hotel development area retail shops front desk free bicycles nice kitchenette free breakfast every morning hvac system el jebel complimentary happy hour liquor store outdoor jacuzzi hot tub highway side city market hockey tournament
Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed in Basalt for a couple of nights to check out Aspen over President’s Day weekend. We found the hotel to be very reasonable prices compared to similar lodging in Aspen, and it is close enough to access all four mountains with in 30-40 minutes on the BRT. The station is just outside the hotel, $3.70 one way to the base of Aspen Mountain.
We were able to buy a few things at the nearby Whole Foods, eat dinner at a nice brewery across the street and rent snowboard gear at the shop in the hotel building.
We used the perfectly hot hot tub after a day on the slopes. The fitness Center was clean and new looking. Our room was very clean, the bathroom was great. The decor is a spartan modern. The staff was all very helpful. The wi-fi is Free and so is breakfast. Breakfast could be a little better, but it was free. I would highly recommend this place as an alternative to staying in one of the ski villages, for a big savings. You also don’t feel like you are in a worn out ski rental since everything was crisp and clean.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank H929XPdank
Vicky B, Assistant General Manager at Element Basalt Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Dear Dan K,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Element Basalt-Aspen and for taking the time to review our hotel! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are excited to be rolling out a new breakfast program within the next couple of weeks. It will include a Chobani yogurt bar as well as a Fresh for You live cooking station. We hope you will come and visit us again soon.

Safe travels!

Reviewed January 15, 2018

We stayed in this element Basalt for two nights after spending a week staying at the Westin in Snowmass village. This is a really nice hotel, we got a very affordable one room suite, which was very new, nicely equipped and clean and modern. The pool / hot tub was nice and well maintained as well. Free breakfast is a nice perk also. Proximity to the Whole Foods as well as a few restaurants / brew pub is also a good perk.
While it's not "on the mountain" by any stretch, it's only about a 20 minute drive to the Brush Creek Intercept lot with free parking and free bus to Aspen and Snowmass. If your agenda is to ski all four mountains at Aspen, you're going to be spending a bit of time sitting on RFTA bus no matter where your hotel is - We didn't think that the trek from Aspen Mountain back to Basalt was much worse than getting back to Snowmass village from Aspen via public transit, in comparison. If your thing is to ski largely one mountain only, then you might want to stay a bit closer....
There's also a Four Mountain Snow Sports shop in the ground floor of the hotel that looked like they did rental / sales of ski stuff, but we didn't use that service.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite could accommodate a family of 4.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank mspilich
Vicky B, Assistant General Manager at Element Basalt Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2018

Dear mspilich,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Yes, while we are not right on a ski hill, our location lends itself well to exploring all four of Aspen Snowmass' mountains.
Please come visit us again soon,

Sincerely

Reviewed January 12, 2018

Wow, this is a very nice, modern hotel. Free parking, great location in an upscale (but affordable) shopping and entertainment district near Aspen. Several dining options within a block or two of the property and even a very nice Whole Foods for additional affordable options. The is a grocery store less than a mile away if you have other needs beyond Whole Foods.

Front desk gentleman, Eba, was very helpful and friendly. Eba really made me feel welcome at the property and was quick to acknowledge by SPG Gold status. My small family of 3 really enjoyed the one bedroom suite. Plenty of space for us. Having 2 TVs is always a plus when traveling with a kid! Shower was very sleek and surprisingly warm.

My only complaint dealt with the road noise. Element had 2 "blackout" curtains on each window, but road noise was still prominent, especially in the early morning. I don't know that Element can do anything more about the road noise, so it's hard to fault the property for that. Still, this is the only issue preventing a 5 Star rating.

One other thing to note is the "green" effort. I admit to being slow to adjust to this. No brochures on the property (was my first time in the Aspen area), so I had to do web searches for info. Also, there are no icemakers on the guest room floors, but there are complimentary "mini-bags" of ice available at the front desk. Still, this is not a fault of the property - they are clearly trying to lessen the environmental footprint. This is just something that would be good to know for guests like me.

I got to enjoy happy hour refreshments and breakfast - a nice touch to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that are further away from highway
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Vicky B, Assistant General Manager at Element Basalt Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

Thank you for the review Mark S!
We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Eba started with us just over a month ago, and is definitely an asset to our team. Element brand prides itself on being a green hotel; we recognize there are some disadvantages, but the pros do outweigh the cons in the long run. Thank you for expressing this in your review so others are aware.
We wish you a wonderful new year and hope to see you again soon.

Vicky

Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

One of the best place to stay . Great location and wonderful service. 30 minutes drive to Snowmass Village. Highly recommended . Clean room, beautiful lobby, swimming pool, fitness club and great breakfast.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Vicky B, Assistant General Manager at Element Basalt Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2018

Dear Musfique H,

Thank you so much for your review! We take pride in our hotel and are glad that it showed through in your experience.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2017

Woke up 2 days in a row with new, itchy, swollen bites! Vicky the Sales Manager was unapologetic blaming spiders and condescending with me telling me, "if you live in this world you know about spiders"! Yet, the hotel front desk admitted it was not the first incidence with bed bugs and moved us for our last night and quarantined our prior room! Still till this day the General Manager, Sally O. Alward has refused to talk with us and she has not returned my messages. Very disappointing!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
ElementBasaltGM, General Manager at Element Basalt Aspen, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Dear Michelle,

I have been trying to contact you, but perhaps I have the incorrect phone number as it goes directly to a generic voicemail that I have left several messages on. Would you please call me directly at 970-340-4041 so that we can discuss this issue?
I would like to extend my sincerest apologies that I was not able to contact you on the number you left on my voicemail.
Unfortunately we were only informed by your brother about his bites when he checked out after the second night. We would have been more than happy to move your rooms after your first night had we known the situation.
Due to the seriousness of the complaint, we did have an expert investigate the room after your departure; there was nothing discovered. We went ahead with proper procedure to have the room treated non-the-less.
Please call me at your earliest convenience as I would like to extend my apologies in person.
Thank you for your review, and I wish you a Happy New Year.