All reviews ski lift strawberry lift small hotel hot tub centennial lift chair lift gas fireplace rock resort the location is perfect end of the day valet parking the pines lodge free shuttle resort fee park hyatt bachelor gulch slopes
Reviewed December 2, 2015

I recently stayed at the Osprey for 5 nights. The best I can say about it is that it's clean and the staff are friendly. The down side is that nothing seems to work. The elevator was out of service for the first 3 days, which is fairly important when you have to hike up and down 4 flights of stairs at a high altitude. The coffee maker in the room didn't work, and the humidifier had a leak. Even though there is valet service, they don't lock you car, so be extremely careful not to leave any belongings of value. Skip breakfast - it's extremely overpriced for the lack of quantity and quality. The location is convenient, but it doesn't make up for the rest. There was only one staff member that went out of his way and that's Tim. Tim - I really hope they promote you to manager, because you were the only one that seemed to have a work ethic and genuine concern for guests!

Date of stay: November 2015
1  Thank kristy m
Reviewed October 15, 2015 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Osprey while in Beaver Creek for a conference. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was comfortable and provided a nice view up the mountain. One criticism would be the fitness room which was small and lacked a variety of equipment. That being said everything was close by and the village transportation gets you wherever you want to be quickly. The Osprey had coffee and pastries in the lobby every morning as well. Would enjoy another visit in the future.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2015

I booked the Osprey, but two weeks before travel they left a voicemail to say there was a problem with my reservation and I needed to call back. When I called, I got transferred back and forth between hotel and reservations because they didn't know what to do - seemed like chaos over there.

When I finally spoke with someone who knew the situation, I learned that the Osprey was overbooked due to a 'computer glitch' and I had to be moved. I let the person know I wasn't comfortable with the change, but I didn't have a choice. They moved us to the St James, also in Beaver Creek. I was bummed, and felt this was very irregular, so I was a bit miffed. A week before the trip, I got a 'your upcoming reservation' email, which still listed the Osprey. More of that glitch, I guess. So I was concerned that it would be a disaster at checkin.

I am happy to report that they made everything up at checkin. Yes, we were moved to the St. James, but we were upgraded from the hotel room we had at the Osprey to a renovated 2 bedroom suite at the St. James. And a complimentary wine and cheese plate were there waiting for us. The St. James was very nice.

So this isn't really a review of the Osprey, but of the Vail Resorts system. They did miss the boat in the beginning, but made up for it upon arrival. This was our second year doing an autumn stay and play (golf) package, and we will be back for a third. The village is nice and quiet, the weather is amazing, and the Beaver Creek golf club is fantastic.

Date of stay: September 2015
2  Thank Peter L
Reviewed September 18, 2015

A wonderful hotel in the best location in Beaver Creek. Loved the ski valet and the fact that you could ski in /ski out. Great staff who accommodated every question we had. Enjoyed a swim at the end of a hard day skiing. Short walk to some great restaurants and all the activites of the village. Highly recommend and look forward to staying there again.

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travelling_Jamesii
Reviewed September 17, 2015

The Osprey hotel in Beaver Creek is perfectly located in an absolutely stunning Colorado setting. The hotel is easy to reach and equally easy to leave when headed back to I 70.

The Osprey offers breakfast and has a bar/lounge area, a pool, is ski-in / ski-out access, free area shuttle, fitness room, and spa services. Restaurants and shopping are conveniently located just across the street . . . only steps away.

The very best thing about The Osprey at Beaver Creek is its staff. From Vance, Luke and Hallie at the front desk to Michele, the concierge, and all the other support staff you will encounter . . . they are all very warm and friendly and do their very best to make sure your stay is exceptional. They greeted my wife and I by name every time we left or returned. Our stay couldn't have been more enjoyable.

In my opinion, you do yourself a favor by considering The Osprey if you are planning a trip to Beaver Creek.

Room tip: Choose any room with a view of the slopes.
Date of stay: September 2015