“I got what I paid for...”

Isle Casino Hotel Black Hawk
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Black Hawk
Fort Collins
“I got what I paid for...”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday this year and I was satisfied with the room. It was big enough for both of us and was very clean. We ate at the buffet both times and was impressed how quiet it was for a buffet. We won on a dollar slot machine- 1500.00, not bad :). Anytime I've every been to black hawk and have visited isle of capri we win. I wouldn't recommend going to Ameristar or the Lodge to gamble, you'll never win... seriously don't bother. Good luck everyone.

Room Tip: Try your luck at the dollar slots in front of the cashier- that's where I always win jackpots...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chrissy C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My wife & I stayed at this hotel this weekend for a night away. There were some crazy issues with the room.

First, the bathroom door(s). Instead of a traditional door the bathroom has french style doors. There are two problems with this design however. 1) If the doors are open you cannot open the main door to the room. 2) There's about a 1 inch gap between the doors so there's no privacy in the bathroom (you can easily see in at the toilet). Luckily it was just my wife & I so this little privacy gap wasn't a big deal to us. But if we had guest in our room, it would have been a whole other story.

The other complaint is with the bedding. There was no real comforter. Just a thin blanket on top of a sheet. Made for a chilly nights sleep.

Finally, the room we stayed in was one that was recently remodeled, yet the television was a decade old. Not that we watched much television, but still worth pointing out.

On the plus side the room was clean & quiet, and the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrgills
Longmont
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed in a king deluxe room. It had a jacuzzi tub in the room, which we greatly enjoyed. The "balcony" doors opened up all of the way, which allowed for a great view and lots of fresh, mountain air. The decor in the room was a little outdated, but the bed was comfortable. The comforter looked a little stained though, and the smoke alarm wasn't hooked up on the ceiling. We enjoyed gambling at the casino, and we ate two great meals at the buffet. All-you-can-eat crab legs are awesome!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a jacuzzi in the room!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kelly D
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We were looking for a good place to stay in Black Hawk that wasn't ridiculously expensive. The Isle Hotel did the trick. It was comfortable and clean for the most part. There were a few stains on the bedspreads, which was the same problem that we had in the Lady Luck tower. For the price, though, it was a decent place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank AndreaZ85
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I visited the Isle of Capri wanting to take advantage of their play and stay promotion. You earn 30 points on your club card, and you will get a free hotel stay. One thing right off the bat that I noticed is that when you put your card in, it doesn't display how many points you have. After spending 25 dollars playing at a few different machines, I took my card to the players club and asked how many points I had earned so far. I was told 0. I was shocked! I was then told that you earn 1 point for every 15.00 dollars spent! Also you can't go from machine to machine, you have to spend 15.00 in one sitting at a machine!! What a rip off!! BEWARE!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank thetraveler1234
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 14 February 2012

i stay at the isle for my 21st birthday it was great i got a suite wid a huge jaquzze bath tub in it and a cute lil balcony yes the tv is out dated but i was not in the room long enough to even watch it i agree wid others new pillows and a few more lamps would be nice but other than that it was great. had dinner at farray days and the table next to me bought me a shot so nice of the and the service was great everyone was nice and funny food was great got a peice of chocolate cake at the end of my meal i hate cake cuz its usually dry but this piece was moist and scrumptious i go to the isle every week now to eat and play and the isle is were i stay everytime has stayed there 14 times since my birthday which was at the very end of october

Room Tip: ur best bet is to get a players card that way u dont actually spend money for ur room play wid it ea...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Colorado
Reviewed 25 January 2012

For a casino, the standard room is small and unimpressive; amenities are notable only by their absence. (And yes, the old TV is worthless.) No workout room, no pool, no Jacuzzi (the junior suites have nice ones). Certainly not worth the rack rate (we get comps). Basically, the rooms allow you to hang your hat after you've tied one on, so that you aren't on the road.

A special warning for special needs travelers: the handicapped rooms are poorly outfitted, with little more than a few extra bars. (Ameristar's rooms were properly designed, with full roll-in showers. If you have the option, stay there.)

On the positive side, Farraday's is a first-rate upscale restaurant with innovative fare and impeccable service (dinner only). Happy hour is 5-7 in the bar, with a special half-off menu and an impressive wine list.

Room Tip: There are no views to speak of; get a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
13.6 km away
The Silver Lake Lodge
The Silver Lake Lodge
#1 of 5 in Idaho Springs

Been to Isle Casino Hotel Black Hawk? Share your experiences!