See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 6, 2014

My wife stayed here during a conference at another hotel nearby. The price was very good, the setting very nice, and the cabin where she stayed was charming. It's in a natural setting next to one of Boulder's beautiful parks. It was thoroughly enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John M
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have been here for 2 months working in Boulder. I was quoted a price when I came in. Went to pay for my room tonight and they wanted 40 more per night. The house keeping staff is terrible. Nice big rooms to stay in. Overall a good stay until they changed my rate.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank Leonardmilbourn
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I am a Boulder native who came back for a week visit which turned in to an extended stay due to circumstances. Upon returning I could not find a single hotel in the area that was anywhere near as reasonable with their rates except the Silver Saddle. When my trip was extend the owners (it is family owned for many years) made accommodations for me to be able to extend my stay and helped me out greatly. It is in a beautiful area, very close to downtown Boulder, and I had no problems with my room or service what so ever. I highly recommend staying here if you are looking for reasonable rates, great service and supporting a locally owned business.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank ccl3v
DaveRBoulder_Colo, Manager at Silver Saddle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thanks very much! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we will hope to see you again on your next trip back to Boulder!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

My fiancee and I arrived (slightly early) so we sat in the parking lot as the office didn't open until 10 am. We called from that parking lot several times and got no answer. Finally on knocking at the door after a grueling 16 hr commute from Wisconsin the door was answered by a discourteous, rude and disrespectful man who advised us that the price his FATHER had quoted us would not be the price charged, and that he also wanted a damage deposit. When we disputed both the price change and his poor attitude toward customers he responded that because my fiance "smelled" (recall that 16 hr commute after a full day of work) he wouldn't rent to us anyway. His final comment was that we smelled of marijuana (which we most assuredly do NOT!!). I have no issue with Marijuana being legal in Colorado, but seriously there are many reasons to travel there - like the week of hiking, biking and mountain climbing we had planned. I will NEVER recommend this place to anyone. Under NO circumstances was this persons conduct appropriate for a business owner - not to mention the change to a much higher price ($150 more!) Steer clear folks!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank kellymc125
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Um, I am not sure who has been writing these reviews for this motel, but this place is a dump. I will give a thumbs up for location and that is it. This is the kind of place where they picture the cute cabins in the ad - then you drive up behind the place where the rest of the rooms are and you will see ashtrays overflowing with cigarettes, plastic flowers 'growing' in planters and people actually living in many of the rooms. We walked into our room only to find mold on the shower curtain and food/beverage stains on the table. The curtains have some mystery white crusty substance splattered on them as well. The people at the front desk are very sweet, however, I would expect some cleanliness at a minimum. How much does it cost to replace a shower curtain? and how much effort is it to wipe down a table?

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank crapipa
DaveRBoulder_Colo, Owner at Silver Saddle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

To be honest we did have some issues with our cleaning staff for the past few months and we have finally remedied this by personally taking over the cleaning of the units ourselves and the difference is already apparent. My wife and I are still new to running a motel, but we learn new things every day, and believe we are making things better all the time for our guests. In the particular case of this unit, I did inspect it and saw exactly what this guest was complaining about. In truth, I would complain about these things too. The unit did need several things replaced and cleaned up and that has since then taken place. So far, my wife and I sleep a little better at night knowing that any reviews like this in the future will be our personal responsibility, because we are the ones who oversee cleaning and inspecting the units. So far, our previously daily complaints have dropped to zero. We plan to keep it that way and are confident that future reviews will reflect this. Until then, we will keep a positive attitude and thank God for giving us such a great opportunity.