See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

Stayed four nights 9/5 to 9/8 in end room #42. Room wasn't fancy but it was everything the three of us needed. One bed in main room and another separate bedroom, sink vanity area, and a full bathroom, fridge, microwave and tv with cable for $75 a night cash. $80 a night if we used credit. The location was perfect for motorcycling the Rocky Mountains. There is a creek and a path with non stop bicycles and hikers 30' from motel. Smoking allowed outside of rooms.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2016

Stayed here and the park just below the hotel is excellent and boulder creek has swimming area near by. We rented the bikes that are about a block from the hotel and used them to get around. The location is what suited me best and I would stay again.

Room Tip: they have cabins and regular rooms I think they are all fine
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2016

My family wanted a hotel close to Pearl Street, on the mountain side, and all of the others were full. We slept well and felt clean when we left, but "suite" and "kitchen" are an overstatement, and the furnishings are pretty basic and old. I think the bedspreads might actually be the same as in the movie Catch and Release, released in 2006, the sheets and towels were clean. We had our window open to cool off the room and enjoy the fresh air, but had to close it because somebody was smoking marijuana outside and it was blowing in.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

Good location but really dirty. The floor was weirdly wet. There was mold in the bathroom and on the facets. Didn't shower because the bathroom was pretty dirty. Really questioned whether the sheets were changed.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2016

My son and I got the chance to visit Silver Saddle in January. We stayed on three different occasions and stayed in three different rooms. The newest part of the Motel had fine spacious room and an atmosphere much like any midrange motel/hotel. Rooms were clean and service was great. On the other trips we stayed in the cabins. As soon as we entered the rustic unit we got a blast from the past. It was like stepping into the 1950's. The fixtures, interior design and kitchenette were totally retro from the fifties. From the natural wood paneling to the yellow Formica countertops, everything screamed road trip with Lucy and Desi. If you want something different try the cabins. A tip before you go, if you want a five star space, do not pick the cabins. It can be a bit awkward to navigate the bathroom if you are of size, the shower, toilet and sink are in very close proximity.

When I was growing up in the late fifties, I remember our family vacations in the Rockies. As kids we thought that it was so cool to stay in a motel with a kitchen in it, my mother was not as taken aback with it. The only things that were missing from the Silver Saddle to meet the total 50's image was the kids playground in front, a slime green swimming pool and a black and white TV.

Motels like the Silver Saddle are far and few between, they are vanishing so fast in our time that my son and I were very fortunate to find this gem.

I have read all of the reviews posted on the internet dealing with Silver Saddle Motel. It is quite obvious that the guests that gave poor reviews, did not get it, they wanted a four or five star room with all of the amenities that come with it, what they got, but could not see, was a vignette from our past.

As a sixty plus year old guest with my twenty year old son, I was thrilled to show my son how we were accommodated in the 1950's when we went on summer vacations.

Boulder is a great place to visit, great outdoor adventures, super people and lots to do downtown. Both myself and my son thought that the Silver Saddle Motel was the crown that topped our stay.

All of the staff at the motel went out of their way to make us feel like we were special guests. I take my hat off to all of them. Thanks again, we will be back.

Dee and Eric