“A Great Time !!!”

Boulder's Dinner Theatre
Ranked #2 of 15 Concerts & Shows in Boulder
Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

Took both my daughter's for a girl's night. We saw disenchanted it was really funny, the food and the service was excellent. This was my fourth time at the BDT you couldn't ask for a better experience. It's really fun that the actors from the play serve dessert. This is a place that's fun for the whole family young and old a like.

All reviews
"the chicken cordon bleu"
"ticket price"
"actress"
"audience"
"staging"

Reviewed March 12, 2017

We have been season ticket holders for a long time.....we STILL call this theater Boulder Dinner Theater and it will remain that name to all of us for forever. As a matter of fact, since the name change, the food has gone down hill (only 5 selections now come with the price of the dinner theater ticket), they painted a dark color everywhere, the new wait staff who are not the actors (half are and half not) just were not professional looking although they were very personable, and today's "PLAY?" was more like going to a theater of locals or a vaudeville x-rated act instead of a class act theater like we have always thought of BDT. It just wasn't what we expected today! I guess we were hoping it would have been more like a play. WE KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE RAW IN PARTS, as we had been told by the MC last time that it would not be appropriate for children...and we did see 3 kids in the audience, but some parts were just plain vulgar, even for me...and I usually am not that particular if the acting is good. For the most part, it wasn't today - and I hate to say that as some of our favorite actresses were in it. Also, everyone in our party thought it was hard to make out the words that were being sung. I really was not a happy camper but like I said on the way home.....at least it was a nice day out. We have one more play this year to see on this years Season Ticket purchase and I am sure it will be a better quality -- "Hopefully Play!" And, next years line up seems to be something we all want to see. I only gave BDT a rating of 3 instead of 5, mainly because of today and also, how we really feel that the menu does not live up to expectations. Where is the Beef stroganoff, the many wonderful vegetables that used to come with the fish, the tamale dish, the wonderful Italian meal, and so many more? And....we miss the Mud Pie for Two! Now you order a mud pie for one which is one quarter the size of the old Mud Pie for Two. One more thing.....If you have a Face Book Account, A Twitter Account or the like you can get a free dessert....what about all the seniors or just people who do not believe in Face Book or Twitter....why can't any of us be in line for a free dessert? This seems very unfair. Of course this is just my opinion, but I am sure there are many, many, many people who feel the same way I do since BDT has a new name now.

2  Thank PalmTreesAndDesserts
Reviewed October 31, 2016

I decided to go to the local theatre, which I like to do. Nice atmosphere. I was delighted with the dinner too, I expected it would be your standard pre fixe dinner theatre food. Not so, there was a nice menu, a few items were extra but it was delicious. Some of the performers were also working as the wait staff. We really enjoyed the show which was a comedy about aging. It was an enjoyable night.

Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

I came here with my spouse for my birthday and I had a blast!!!! I wish there was something like this closer to home. The waitstaff are the actors! The music, singing, and dancing are amazing! Great food! This feels fancy! I can't wait to go back! The seating chart is confusing when you purchase tickets online. Call them directly for assistance or questions.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Had such fun @ Footloose last night. Outstanding performances: singing, dancing, charisma.. That cast has it all! Food was quite good as well, Carl had the prime rib and said it was exceptional; I just love chicken cordon bleu!
I've been to several performances at BDT Stage over the last 39 years, though it's been quite a while since I've been here. Always had an enjoyable time, and last night was no exception!
The cast works very hard to take care of your dinner, cocktail needs before in between the show and they do a great job.
Only minor downer was the lag time between dinner and the show, but I am still impressed how they get so much done as wait staff and knock-out performances!
It's only around until Sept 3rd, I believe, so get your tickets now!!