“Great Find”
Review of Restaurant 4580

Restaurant 4580
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant 4580 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 610 Restaurants in Boulder
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Yarmouth
Transit: Skip stops right out front as does the 204
Reviewed May 15, 2018

I ate at 4580 for the first time this afternoon; I am a bit of a vegetarian gourmet, cook and nutritionist. I have been vegetarian for about 50 years, and I like to think I understand and embrace all of the reasons why. (My best friend eats steak every day, so yes, you can say I am not judgmental...:-) I got the quinoa bowl to go; tasted it at the restaurant, and I knew I had found something spectacular. I haven't even gone inside 4580; we sat outside from the get go, so I am not qualified to say anything other than the quinoa bowl is world class; whether you are vegetarian, or not. Service was about perfect. I am so looking forward to my next visit; I am hard to impress, and this dish has impressed me. Not too strong of spice, most excellent; unique taste. Quinoa and soy are the two plants known to provide full protein; the Inca conquered the Andes on a quinoa based diet, and the Japanese nearly conquered half the world eating soy. This quinoa bowl well, I am near speechless at how good it is. Looking forward; Thank You 4580!

Reviewed May 7, 2018

We stopped in to try something new and decided to get the happy hour menu in the bar area.

Unfortunately the happy hour wine list was still expensive and nothing that stood out on the very short list. The food was very tasty - but -
- The sliders are sized for a Smurf and not an adult human being. I am talking smaller than 1/2 dollar size.
- The dates - good
- The "fondue" is a deep fried piece of cheese that is served with nothing. Get your forks out... soft and warm on the edges - thick and cool towards the center.
- service... we felt like we were just another bunch of happy hour folks... difficult to get the attention of our server,

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

We went to 4580 last Friday night with friends. The dishes we had from the new spring menu were fantastic. I had the duck breast which was prepared perfectly while my wife had the new scallops dish which she raved about. We always love going to 4580 and James always make a point of stopping by to see how we are doing. Can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed February 15, 2018

Drinks and appetizers (Froi Gras) were good. After that the “Rib Eye steak was over cooked, less than 1/2” think, tough and full of grissle. Vegetable and potato were cold. The red velvet torte with coffee drizzle was a joke consisting of a piece of something like a flat, chewy piece of fruit roll-up on a bed of Carmel sauce. We thought they were serving the wrong thing and had to confirm it was as ordered . Ovoerall, quite disappointed and at nearly $100/Persian I will not be back.

grissel

Reviewed February 8, 2018

I guess I had no clue, 1st time there, certainly will not be our last! This place was amazing. I love Salmon, few know how to make it correctly (not that I'm a pro) when you like something as much as I do, you just know. This is the first place I have ever been asked how I like my salmon prepared? I love that! Salmon done right! They even recommend med rare! The squash soup with pink peppercorns-to die for. Dessert.. ahh! If I would have had more time; the Flourless Chocolate Torte with wine.. ( I had dessert, no wine, this time) need I say more! Service was awesome too. I'm a fan! We will be back! Thank you

Been to Restaurant 4580? Share your experiences!