“great local restaurant in north boulder”
Review of Restaurant 4580

Restaurant 4580
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant 4580 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 608 Restaurants in Boulder
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Yarmouth
Transit: Skip stops right out front as does the 204
Reviewed August 19, 2018

The coconut tomato soup is to die for. This is one of our go to dinner places when I don't feel like cooking. There is something for everyone. Burgers and steaks are amazing. Salads are unique and my kids swear they make the best buttered noodles in the world!

Reviewed June 21, 2018

It was mid-week, and summer, meaning some people were sitting outside, so it was not too crowded or noisy (it can be very noisy if the room is full). We had a lovely meal. We started with the mushroom truffle fondue, which is not really a fondue, but melted fondue cheeses coated in panko bread crumbs and then fried, so it's a crispy piece of melted cheese with a delicious truffle flavor, served with a fig compote, which adds a nice sweet note to the savory cheese and truffle. The coconut milk tomato bisque was nice and spicy, and the lobster bisque lovely and sweet. For a main we shared the seared duck breast, which came with sauteed baby bok choi and rice. The r ice was formed into a patty and then crisp fried on the outside, which made it much more interesting than plain old steamed rice. On a previous visit we had two small plates, one duck leg confit and one beef tenderloin. Both were excellent, and the beef, which we requested rare, was properly so. To cap off the meal, they always have a bread pudding of the day, which is a huge serving. Last time it was coconut chocolate bread pudding, most of which I took home. Delicious, but I didn't get last nighrs dark chocolate and fig, because I'm still working on the coconut chocolate one!

Reviewed May 15, 2018

I ate at 4580 for the first time this afternoon; I am a bit of a vegetarian gourmet, cook and nutritionist. I have been vegetarian for about 50 years, and I like to think I understand and embrace all of the reasons why. (My best friend eats steak every day, so yes, you can say I am not judgmental...:-) I got the quinoa bowl to go; tasted it at the restaurant, and I knew I had found something spectacular. I haven't even gone inside 4580; we sat outside from the get go, so I am not qualified to say anything other than the quinoa bowl is world class; whether you are vegetarian, or not. Service was about perfect. I am so looking forward to my next visit; I am hard to impress, and this dish has impressed me. Not too strong of spice, most excellent; unique taste. Quinoa and soy are the two plants known to provide full protein; the Inca conquered the Andes on a quinoa based diet, and the Japanese nearly conquered half the world eating soy. This quinoa bowl well, I am near speechless at how good it is. Looking forward; Thank You 4580!

Reviewed May 7, 2018

We stopped in to try something new and decided to get the happy hour menu in the bar area.

Unfortunately the happy hour wine list was still expensive and nothing that stood out on the very short list. The food was very tasty - but -
- The sliders are sized for a Smurf and not an adult human being. I am talking smaller than 1/2 dollar size.
- The dates - good
- The "fondue" is a deep fried piece of cheese that is served with nothing. Get your forks out... soft and warm on the edges - thick and cool towards the center.
- service... we felt like we were just another bunch of happy hour folks... difficult to get the attention of our server,

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

We went to 4580 last Friday night with friends. The dishes we had from the new spring menu were fantastic. I had the duck breast which was prepared perfectly while my wife had the new scallops dish which she raved about. We always love going to 4580 and James always make a point of stopping by to see how we are doing. Can’t wait to go back!

Been to Restaurant 4580? Share your experiences!