“A sure way to make for an enjoyable vacation.”

Residence Inn Boulder
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Boulder
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A sure way to make for an enjoyable vacation.”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Having a Kitchen with all the necessary utensils, pots, pans and dishes was very convenient and allowed us to stay on our own schedule. The room was comfortable, clean and best of all, reasonably priced. We appreciated the fine breakfast, with excellent choices, both hot and cold items presented in a clean and neat manner. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We did stay in two different units (one before and one after the 'business' portion of our trip) and we both commented on the later of the two units was starting to show it's age; however, I wouldn't degrade the overall rating due to this.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank T4TwoTravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Olympic National Park, Washington
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Suite with lost was perfect for our family over Christmas. Clean and affordable, great hot breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Rainforestrunner
Houston
Reviewed 30 March 2012 via mobile

If you don't already know where this hotel is, it may take an extra drive-by to find it tucked away in a business park.

We could not have been more pleased with our stay here (4 nights). Although this is an older Residence Inn (styled like apartment buildings), it was very well-kept and clean. The staff went out of their way to make your stay pleasant especially at breakfast and during the free evening snacks and wine/beer.

A very pleasant stay.

Stayed January 2012
1 Thank RedSpyder
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed 18 March 2012

For those who are unaware, Residence Inns provide studio-like rooms with mini kitchens. This particular Residence Inn is no exception. And while the outside of the hotel seems somewhat dated and not unlike a mid to lower-end apartment complex, the decor in my room seems to have been recently updated and was very comfortable.

Don't expect good views of the spectacular mountain scenery visible from almost any corner of Boulder, except this hotel. The Residence Inn is nestled squarely between the busy Foothills Parkway and a complex of business office suites. My room faced the highway. But even the westward-facing (towards the mountains) rooms didn't seem to have a view of the beautiful mountainous skyline. Similarly, the pool area was very average. And seemed, again, to be more like a pool area you might find in a mid to lower-end apartment complex; small, plain, and certainly not resort-like. But this is no resort. In short, this hotel is strictly utilitarian.

So the only reason I gave this a "Very Good" rating versus "Average" is the great, free, full breakfast offered. As with other similar breakfasts, you have the waffle-making machines, the toaster, cereal, some yogurts and pastries, and a selection of hot food. What set this particular free breakfast bar apart was the quality of the buffet-style eggs, protein, and starch offerings, and the fresh fruit. The head cook watches over the buffet and ensures you have everything you need. He clearly takes pride in his work. And it shows.

I expect this hotel would be great for small families on a leisure trip who might use a kitchen to save money on meals or business travelers who need a convenient, relatively quiet, "residence-like" room with some of the amenities of home.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TacomaJoe
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I don't have much to say about this hotel. I stay at Hilton and Marriott and need to say that I had one of the bad experience here. Positive things about this hotel is: You have an office space where you can work, a Kitchenette for you to prepare coffee or sandwich while working, But the cleanliness of the bed is awful. It was my bad luck too I believe or else I would have changed the room If I had that option. I had a long day at work and checked in at this hotel around 7PM and took shower and left out again for Dinner and came back around 11PM. I was working for an hour and by the time I was ready to pass out, I noticed that there was some paint stuff or somekind of stuff on my bedspread, and there was a blonde hair on the bed. It was almost past midnight and been 4 hours since I checked in. The front desk lady was really friendly and nice, but I was unfortunate that I could not find her when I walked over to the front desk. Well, She is a human being too, must have been gone for a bathroom break, But I was tired and just did not bother to check back with her.
Bottom line is, Make sure to check the cleanliness of this hotel before you start working, unpacking, or leaving to Dinner. I have some pictures that I wish I can upload with this review so that you all know what am talking about. I am not picky but it's not fair that they don't check all these things for their customers. It's not worth to stay here paying that amount that we pay. Hair all over the bed? Seriously? And some nasty stuff? Seriously??? Where in the world?

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Prem K
vbocg, General Manager at Residence Inn Boulder, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Residence Inn in Boulder. I apologize that you found your suite to be less than sparkling clean! We take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness but clearly failed to maintain them in the suite that you stayed in. If you could please provide me with the suite number you stayed in, I will insure that we make the necessary adjustments to our cleaning and inspection processes in that building. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2012

This hotel has everything you really need. The rooms are large with a good TV and HD tf channels (including HBO). Everything in the rooms were comfortable and the kitchen wasn't crowded as you get with some places.

The staff of this place is awesome. I can't say anything bad about them.

Good notes of this hotel which you don't get at others.

- free breakfast (was better than at other places)
- free internet
- free parking

The only negative to this hotel is the location. Parking is not a problem at the hotel and everything is easy to get to Boulder by car.

As the name says it is a Residence Inn... there isn't amenities you would expect at a full Marriott (restaurant, bar, etc...). Good news is if you are interested in a spot to drink across the road and a short walk is the Boulder Beer Company.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Edward M
AZ
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I always stay in Residence Inns whenever available. We had a 2 bedroom unit, perfect for parents downstairs and adult kids upstairs. Nice big tvs. Front desk staff was terrific. I did take heed of a review recommending a room AWAY from the busy road behind the hotel, had a great quiet room that faced Center Green Drive. Found a great walk out the door, head over the RR tracks and take a right on the first street, winds through residential areas and there's a park tucked back in there. Spendy-ish restaurants that we liked: Brasserie Ten Ten and Riffs downtown. DONT MISS the Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse--Fabulous!!

Room Tip: rooms facing Center Green Dr.