DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Skiway Lodge(Breckenridge)
1,704 results
All reviewsdouble treeski valetwarm cookiesvalet staffthe upper floorsself parkingbreakfast buffetoxygen barrooms are largehotel restaurantbreck sportsmain streetski shophotel shuttlemountain viewmini fridgeindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Hotel is directly across the street from the peak 9 lift. Was very convenient for getting to the main street in Breckenridge. There is a free shuttle from the hotel to town but my friends and I never used it because the walk was not far at all and the weather was nice. The hotel needs some updating and is very basic right now but I believe they are working on that this year. The elevators are very slow so you are better off getting a room on a lower floor and using the stairs. The breakfast was very good and there was an chef making custom omelets which were delicious. The room was enormous and we had plenty of room for all our luggage.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a lower floor to avoid the slow elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank megan m
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Although first impressions can be wrong, the repeated poor service and lack of customer focus emphasized that there are severe issues with the staff and their dedication at this Doubletree. The bell staff when you pull in the initial drive are severely under sized (meaning only 1 person if you are lucky); and, I was ignored by the only person there who went to the car which pulled in well after I arrived. The service went down hill from there. There is a choice to self park or concierge park; but, due to no one being available to help you park or with your luggage, it is not much of a choice, so self park it was. When you get to the parking garage, there are 0 luggage carts around to help you get the luggage to your room. It took 3 trips to get the luggage to the room; and, the staff seemed surprised when I mentioned that there were no carts available (but maybe they weren't). When I finally got settled in the room there was supposed to be complementary internet service; but, when I got connected it was at a response speed close to that of dial up internet (page refreshes took minutes on simple urls). When I called the front desk to ask about this, I was told by Jake that it was due to there being
so many people in the hotel and that there was nothing that they could do. I could tell that my question was a major inconvience to him and that he could care less. He said that I could come all the way to the lobby and try but that it may not be better. I tried the connection very early the next morning when not many people would have been up and the speed issue was still a problem. The very few positive experiences at the hotel were Heyley at the front desk who was very considerate and really tried to help and Grant with the hotel shuttle. However, the overall poor service was not at all what would be expected at a Hilton property at the price paid for the room.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the Aspen tower. one of the few places where it is good to use the ski lockers as these will put you a little bit closer to the ski slopes. The slopes are still a good hike to get to where you can put skis on and ski down to a lift. small but nice outside jacuzzis. elevators are tiny and VERY slow.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank waller_ski
Whitney T, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced. We take your suggestions seriously and will look into the concerns addressed to better service our guests in the future.

We have heard your request and are currently working on getting an upgrade to our internet service. This system will be in place by summer and will increase our bandwidth 20 times. After this significant improvement we will have much faster service.

Thank you for letting our management staff know about the positive interactions with Hailey and Grant. We have thanked them for their wonderful guest service!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Our family of 3 had a large room with 2 queens plus extra space for a portable bed. Having a frig was nice. My only complaint is the elevator is far from the lobby. Breakfast buffet was very good. Great location!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ShootingGirl
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We had a huge room with 2 king beds and a pull out sofa - very nice! Haily (sp?) at the front desk was VERY helpful to me while I was trying to find an assortment of baked goods. Don't bother eating at the restaurant as there are so many excellent choices throughout town.

Room Tip: Join the Hilton Honors program and when you have enough points (Gold members) you automatically get free room upgrades.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sumweriniowa
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed 6 nights in the Aspen Tower 7th floor. The room was clean but needed a little updating. The location was great, walk out the door and a short walk to peak 9 and your on the slopes. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and went out of their why to accomadate us.The hotel provides a free shuttle to and from town and we used it everyday, one call and they were there within minutes, the drivers were always polite and friendly no need for a car. If renting ski/snowboard equipment there is an attached Breck Sports, the staff there was also knowledgeable and friendly.

Room Tip: Stay 7th floor or below to avoid slow elavators.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family