“Nice place, no issues”

DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights while in town for a wedding. When traveling, we usually try to book a Doubletree as we love the free cookies upon check in and always find the rooms to be clean and a decent price.
Check in was smooth, especially using the new Hilton Honors app that allows you to choose your own room and download a digital key for your room - that was pretty cool! This hotel does charge a daily resort fee which includes WiFi, which worked well, and valet. The valet guys were very friendly and promptly retrieved our car whenever we needed.
Our room was on the 7th floor and we had no issues with noise or slow elevators, as previous reviewers have mentioned. Elevators were fine - no more slow than other hotels. And the walk between the two elevators really isn't that bad.
The room itself was a good size and was clean. It's not super modern but it was good. I liked the mini kitchenette area in the room with coffee maker, extra sink and mini fridge. We had a king bed room and it was bigger than expected and had a couch and desk area. Bathroom was pretty small though.
The lobby had an oxygen bar, which we didn't try, but it's nice to have for any guests experiencing the effects of the altitude. We also appreciated the free shuttle that runs through the village.
Would recommend this hotel and would stay again if we were to return to the area.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
David M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2016

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Breckenridge. I am very excited to see that you had a great experience with us and that our staff was able to exceed your expectations, as this is always our goal. I will be sure and pass on the positive feedback to all team members and we hope that you come back and stay with us again soon!

970.547.5550

Write a ReviewReviews (1,679)

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for a business conference, and while I'd been to Breck before, it was my first stay at this property. The staff were friendly and helpful from the great valet employees to the front desk to the banquet staff. My room was spacious, clean and comfortable. There was complimentary coffee, which I always appreciate. There were more than enough pillows, even for me. The food at our dinner meeting was good, and even though there was a good sized crowd, it was smoothly handled. The only weird part of my stay was the fact that I had to take 2 elevators and walk through two hallways to get to my room on the 10th floor.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Breckenridge. I am excited to see that you had a great experience with us and that our staff was able to exceed your expectations, as this is our goal with every guest. I am also glad that you were also able to take advantage of some of our convenient amenities. Thank you for being our guest and we hope that you come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2016

Staff was pretty nice and friendly. Hallways and rooms were a little dated, but not bad. Good size rooms, Clean and nice views from the balcony. Hotel is a few blocks from main strip. Nice walk, or the free shuttle will drive you there.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Breckenridge. Thank you for the kind words and we hope that you come back and stay with us again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 7 June 2016

* Great location. You can walk downtown. They do have a running shuttle if needed. * Starbucks in lobby * Valet team was absolutely fantastic. Extremely friendly and helpful. * Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Breckenridge. I am very excited to see that you were able to take advantage of some of our convenient amenities and location to Main Street. I will definitely pass on the kind words to our teams and we hope that you come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2016

Everyone at the hotel was so friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. Beds are very comfortable. We love the location which is walking distance to downtown. We have had conventions here before and plan to again in Aug. 2017. The cookies are yummy!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Breckenridge. I am very excited to see that you had a great experience with us and that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location to Main Street. Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to hosting you again next August!

Reviewed 6 June 2016

Even when not expecting too much, this place sets a new low.

Turning on the fan in the bathroom rewarded me with a literal shower of lint that was in my hair, on and in the toilet, and on the floor.

Want to take a shower, oh, wait, one would expect to have a shower curtain. Forget that.

Want to call the front desk to suggest they send you a shower curtain, well, call and let it ring twenty (20) times before the system cuts you off. Try again and get the same result.

Try calling the Concierge and get a voice mail telling you no one is monitoring their voice mails until May 9th. Keeping in mind this is early June you are calling gives you a sense that they just do not care all that much.

Need a piece of paper from the Valet Parking Attendants to allow you to park your oversized vehicle in the lot across the street, well, you have to hunt three different people down to get that taken care of.

What? Resort Fees? We did not tell you that we are charging an extra $20 / day for Valet Parking (not used), WiFi (free for Hilton Elites), etc. Yes, well, you can just pay that $20.

My advice, stay somewhere else. There is a better than even chance the other place will have a sense of what Customer Service is supposed to be...

Room Tip: Avoid any of the rooms that overlook the 3 outdoor hot tubs. Screaming and yelling there runs late i...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaptDick
David M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. We of course feel horrible that this was your experience with us, as everything that we do is aimed towards providing the best possible experience for every guest. I apologize that we fell short of your expectations as well as our own. I have removed the resort fee and refunded your credit card, but it may take 5 to 7 business days for the money to return to your account. I apologize that your Gold status was not acknowledged at check in and that you experienced an incident in reaching the front desk. I will be addressing this immediately with the front office team so we can correct this moving forward. It is only because of feedback from our valued guests, like yourself, that truly allows us to grow as a team and make improvements moving forward. If you are ever willing to give us another chance, please contact me directly so that I can ensure you are provided with the best possible service and room accommodations. Also, as a gesture of hospitality I would like to award you with 20,000 Hhonors points, as I understand how much of an inconvenience this must have been for you. Please feel free to contact me directly with any further comments or concerns, and know that I am at your service.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2016

It was an awesome stay and I would definitely recommend staying at the double tree or any of the Hilton hotels. The rewards program is awesome as well I definitely enjoyed my stay. Awesome weekend!!!!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
David M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

Thank you very much for you recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Breckenridge. I am excited to see that you had such a great experience with us, as this is always our goal with every guest. Thank you for the kind words and we hope that you come back and stay with us again soon!