“Service and Food superb”

Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon
Reserve with OpenTable
Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 171 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lincon & Main
Description: The Briar Rose Chophouse and Saloon has been serving the finest aged beef and fresh wild game in our landmark downtown restaurant for decades. Our relationships developed with premium suppliers like Harris Ranch Beef and Emerald Valley Ranch bring the best of American beef and meats to your table. Our newly renovated dining room offers gracious chophouse service in an elegant atmosphere for a truly memorable meal. Our prized, historic back-bar is the centerpiece of our lively and entertaining Saloon where our guests may dine from the full menu or our Saloon's "small plates" menu. The Briar Rose Chophouse and Saloon is the perfect link between our old-west heritage and modern day appetites!
Reviewed March 11, 2017

I made a reservation on Open Table, but we arrived early. They said they had our table ready for us, so we were seated. This isn't a huge restaurant, so it is fairly intimate. There was a wedding party at a large table and most of the tables were occupied before 7:00p.m.

We had the escargot, petite filet, truffle butter, creamed spinach and the triple chocolate cake. Everything was excellent, but the Escargot was to die for! It was the perfect combination of olive oil, butter, garlic and Parmesan cheese. I was full after that so I wasn't able to finish the rest of my food. Which is why I got a doggie bag for this
human!

The service here is what I really noticed most. They were very attentive but not intrusive. My daughter dropped her napkin on the floor when she got up to go to the restroom. A host saw and immediately picked it up, folded it and put it in her chair. Now I thought that was nice, but then a waiter had seen what had happened and snatched it up and immediately returned with a fresh napkin to replace the one that had been on the floor. That is what good wait staff does.

This is a pricey restaurant but then most good steak houses are expensive. Just know that going in. And btw, try the truffle butter, it was excellent.

Reviewed March 10, 2017

I ski at Breckenridege every year and the the Briar Rose is always on my restaurant list. One bit of warnng if you want to eat at the Briar Rose get a reservation in advance. For good reasons they are always busy and if you don't want to eat at 5:00PM or 9;00PM call for a reservation.The service and the food are both exvellent. I had an end cut Prime rib that was really good. Their salad wedge with blue cheese crumbles is also one of my favorites, While prices are high you can't go wrong with the Briar Rose.

Reviewed March 9, 2017

Hands down the best happy hour and dinner we had during our visit. Four of us came in on a Friday to get a glass of wine before dinner. We didn't know they had a happy hour but they do. We ordered a 1/2 price glass of wine and received a goblet of wine for $7. They offer small plates at varying prices but all are inexpensive. I think we ordered one of everything on the happy hour menu. All were delicious. This became our dinner and we were very pleased. Our server was energetic, funny and professional. The next week we came back for dinner and it was even better then the happy hour. This time we came back with six friends. I can't tell you what everyone ordered but there 8 completely happy and satisfied people at the table. The wine, service and food we all exceptional. What a treat. See you next year.

Reviewed March 8, 2017

My family recently ate at this restaurant and and had an amazing experience with well done food and great service. We each had different entrees and all were pleasantly surprised at how well they tasted as well as presentation. The family style sides were large portions and very tasty! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Breckenridge!

Reviewed March 6, 2017

We have dined at Briar Rose twice and will be dining there again this weekend. The prime rib is delicious! The best piece that I have ever had in Colorado. The mac and cheese side that they offer is good, but I would not say it is their best option on their menu. The restaurant has a really nice atmosphere. If you are going for happy hour, it will get crowded so I recommend going early! We also love how they have different oz options for wine! We always make a reservation at the restaurant. It is the best way to guarantee a table! Briar rose is one of the finer dining establishments in Breck!