“Always a great time”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed January 24, 2018

As a former 6-7 month a year resident ('97 - 2007), Michaels was my refrigerator. When mine was empty I would head for Michaels. Hands down the best value in Breckenridge. Well done traditional red sauce Italian with portions that leave plenty for lunch or dinner the next day. The baked ziti and lasagna are always a good choice. I had not been there in quite some time and had dinner there this weekend with my now 30 something children and it was as great as ever. The real treat was seeing Steve, who is now one of Michaels managers, still working there. He and his brother Tim back in the day made me feel more than welcome. He even remembered my face when we walked in. The mark of a professional. I would recommend Michaels to anyone traveling to Breck for one of the better restaurant options in a town filled with over priced average. Michaels is a step or three above.

Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

We had ziti and white lasagna, which is a seafood lasagna with a white sauce. Both were excellent. However, would have liked a bit more sauce on the ziti. The complimentary garlic.bread was excellent, as well. The service was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant itself is great. Nice location off of Main, friendly staff, inviting atmosphere, well ran, etc.

The food was decent but not the moist and creamy Italian we were hoping for. We had the baked ziti, tortellini, spaghetti, chicken parmesan, and a pepperoni pizza. My assumption (and we all know thats dangerous) is perhaps the prepared dishes are placed in a very hot oven while other dishes, like the pizza, are finishing up. Or maybe the ziti, tortellini, spaghetti, parmesan were all prepared way earlier and had sat in the oven a long time. Whatever the reason, all of it was crispy and dry - which is not how we personally prefer it.

Prices were on par with everywhere else.

Reviewed January 6, 2018

This restaurant is a bit off of the main street, so we didn't notice it the first couple of days on our trip. We are glad we stopped in on a very snowy night. The drinks were yummy and the food was hot and tasty. We got there on the early side and there was a long line as we were leaving.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed January 3, 2018

My family ate here twice in our recent stay in Breckenridge, and I've eaten here on a previous visit a few years ago. Really good every time. Everything we tried from the menu was excellent. Across two visits,we sampled Orecchiette with Sausage and Fennel, Chicken Parmigiana, Baked Stuffed Shells, Homemade Meat Lasagna, Fettuccine Alfredo, Calamari Marinara, and Spaghetti with meat balls. Portion sizes were good, though the Spahegetti with Meatballs defeated my 10 year old daughter, to the extent that she had another full meal in the box we took away!

Date of visit: December 2017