All reviews safe location newer hotel restaurants and shopping interlocken area full kitchen living room walmart boulder
Reviewed July 9, 2018

I booked this hotel at a great discount through a third party site and was only using it as a stopover point on a long road trip. I got there long after dark to check-in and had to wait because there was nobody at the front desk working. I looked around and finally another guest told me that the hotel was short-staffed and the desk clerk was doing double duty with everything. I finally saw her push a rollaway bed to him and walked away from him. He said out loud, "Well, I guess I'll take this from here." I got checked in and got to the room, but I felt like I was a bother to the front desk by just checking in.
In the room, I could tell it was still a new hotel but more needs to be done in terms of maintenance and cleaning. The toilet had hair on it, the sink had hair in it, the bathroom door had brown stains on the inside, and dirty hand prints on the edge. The bed seemed clean and fresh, but I was weary based on the bathroom cleanliness and previous reviews.
I like the layout and the look of the room itself. The bed was comfortable and the A/C worked perfectly. If they fix the short staffing and housekeeping, this will be a great place.

Room tip: I couldn't get my GPS to find the address, so I just searched for the Walmart next door and went from there.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 7, 2018

Very disappointed at the hotel with check in & customer service! Our confirmation stated that you can check in at 3:00 pm. We attempted to check in after a very long drive from Eastern Nebraska to this location approx. 4:30-5:00 timeframe. We were told that the room was not available as it had not been cleaned yet and that they were having problems with housekeeping staff & understaffing. Another family was told the same thing that their room wasn't cleaned or ready. We waited 45 min to an hour in the lobby to get checked in & get into our room. When the other family was checked in they were given information on the hotel about breakfast times, pool, etc. When we voiced our displeasure about the room unavailability with Katie (front office manager) & I believe Matthew (asst gen manager) & finally was checked in, customer service went really downhill. They did not tell us anything about the breakfast times, pool, etc & were unfriendly. They did give us a little discount for the 1st night but still not really to our satisfaction. Later in the evening, I called the front desk about the small refridgerator in the room not seeming cold & instructions on how to adjust that thermostat & the front desk gal didn't seem to care and was not helpful. Customer service was disappointing. On the back of the key card, it states 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed. Well, certainly didn't happen in our case. Disappointing to drive a long ways on a vacation to wait to get into a room because of their staffing issue & having poor customer service. Would they want to wait on their vacation time? Makes me want to go back to the Hilton brand hotels.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle580
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

My fiancé and I decided to plan a night get away for our anniversary. We have stayed at Residence Inn By Marriott before but in Stapleton. Our experience there was excellent. So we decided to give them another shot but at the Boulder/ Broomfield location. We had called earlier just to check the check in time, which was at 3:00pm. We had arrived around 3:30-3:45 just to be told our room was not available. Unfortunately house keeping had been working on cleaning the rooms and there would be about a hour wait. The receptionist said she’d give us a call as soon as the room was available. Fine, we went to grab a bite to eat a hour had passed. Still no phone call. We went to go see what the status was. Sure enough the room was still not ready! Told us the same thing that they were extremely busy and had only so much staff available there to clean. They told us yet again to wait another hour. We went around a few stores just buying time. We get the phone call roughly around 6:30pm, letting us know our room was ready. At this point we were really bothered that they took 3-4 hours just to get have our room available. We get into our room, which I may add was the suite. We walked into the dish washer over flowing, soap and water on the kitchen floor. We notified the receptionist, just in case something might have been wrong with the dishwasher we would hate to be the ones at fault. We cleaned it up ourselves just to find they didn’t bother taking out the trash! What more could go wrong. I understand they were busy, but that is absolutely no excuse to do your job so poorly. My fiancé and I were paranoid at this point, if we were to find something else wrong with the room. We looked around and I observed the smallest things. Sure enough our bed comforter was dirty, the bottom half corner was filthy. Just filthy! It’s as though they just flipped over the comforter thinking we would not see it. There was hair all over it, either from a person or a small cat/dog. It’s degrading how they provide such horrible cleaning services that makes a person never want to return. We took off the comforter and sheets. And went and bought a comforter and sheet for us to use for the night. We did not bother to call the receptionist because she already was annoyed with us calling her for the small issues. Instead of it being a romantic getaway it just turned into a complete mess. All in all we will never plan on returning here.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

I walked into breakfast area and it is peak time. No staff to be seen to replenish milk and utensils.

Rooms are well laid out and comfortable.

Kitchen floor in the room was sticky in spots which means that it was cleaned all that thoroughly.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 826bennyc
Reviewed June 18, 2018

I can't say enough about this Residence Inn - I struggle with insomnia and hotels are usually a necessary evil that I don't enjoy, but I can say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here (and slept like a baby!) Quiet, safe location close to restaurants and shopping in Interlocken, as well as Denver and Boulder. Pay the extra $10 for a suite - it's well worth it - you get a full kitchen, living room, separate bedroom and bath. Spacious, very clean, and comfortable. We had a top-floor corner suite for less than we would have paid for a basic hotel room in Boulder. Excellent staff, free breakfast (including warm choices such as eggs, sausage, and waffles), and outdoor swimming pool. Everything about this property is A+.

1  Thank gekekoons3