“I guess we caught them on a bad day”

Louie's Ice Cream Shoppe
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Buena Vista
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Description: Voted BEST ice cream...2015, 2016. Premium gourmet ice cream and shakes in 20 flavors.
Reviewed August 17, 2018

Stopped in after lunch to get the grand kids ice cream. All three ordered milk shakes. The three young folks working behind the counter clearly did not want to make milk shakes. All scowled with each order and then proceeded to argue on who should get stuck making the three shakes. Needless to say, we were not impressed with the lack of professionalism exhibited by the three.
I'm all for hiring young folks, but clearly they need some adult guidance on how to treat customers.

Date of visit: August 2018
JohnnyJRocket, Owner at Louie's Ice Cream Shoppe, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Can you please tell me what date and time of day you visited our shop? I'd like to talk to my staff about this. I'm sorry this happened. - Johnny

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Great little ice cream parlour, with good flavors, polite service and a lovely courtyard. What else do you need?

Reviewed August 2, 2018

We actually went here twice while visiting BV. They have great ice cream as well as homemade waffle cones. They even have prepare gluten free cones which I have never seen before. Sometimes ice cream gives my family an upset stomach but we all felt fine after eating at Louie’s

Reviewed July 28, 2018

We brought our family of 17 to Louie's and OMG... so delicious! Our little people loved to play in the yard while us adults indulged in the comfy chairs in the courtyard! Delicious ice cream. Great atmosphere. Wonderful service!

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Because it was a hot day, we needed a place where our dog would be welcome. Louie's Ice Cream Shoppe has great flavors and a large artistic patio with ample seating -- Adirondack chairs and benches.