“I believe the name of the restaurant is now Lorenzos”
Review of Los Girasoles

Los Girasoles
Ranked #19 of 42 Restaurants in Buena Vista
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 August 2017

This restaurant is also owned by the B& B owners. Our meal was good but they were a little disorganized when we were there. We waited for quite awhile before we were waited on. Also the door to the outdoor patio was open and there were quite a few flies enjoying our meal with us.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The good: My mole was good and it was my first choice:
The bad:

a. The rest of my family didn't like the guacamole, thought it was very bland.
b. My mole came with flour tortillas which I never got until I was almost done eating (and I had to ask)
c. My wife admittedly ordered a dish she wouldn't have ordered if she read the menu thoroughly (that's on her).....BUT.....the manager made a big point of coming to our table hectoring her about reading everything through before she made her choice (if you're reading sir don't do that next time). I just said "put it on the bill it's fine" and he did and that was that. Overall this was a decent enough place, but a couple of snafus (one partially self inflicted) left a bad taste in our mouth (no pun intended)

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Great service. We had the fajitas for two...plenty of food and came quickly. Good Mexican food with both indoor and outdoor seating. Reasonable pricing.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I had the super burrito and the beef fajitas. The beef burrito was quite good and the sauce on top was not bad either. The fajitas had a good taste. They really seasoned the beef. This place is definitely on the expensive side for Mexican food. Being from south TX, I can get this food at about 25-50% cheaper there.
Here are the following reasons why it gets only 3 stars. 1. - The fajitas were not tender and quite tough. At some point I thought I was eating beef bubblegum. 2. - Tortillas were store bought. Now I know this is not Mexico but come on, for this price you cannot make fresh tortillas?

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Went to eat here a couple of times during the afternoon hours of our recent trip to BV, and the place was usually very full of folks eating and having margaritas.

As I am very particular when dining out, I have to say that this place is great for traditional Mexican flare, prepared by authentic cooks who are led by one named Pi (sp?) Had the opportunity to meet him, and express my enjoyment of his flavor profiles, which were top notch to me. He insists on making everything fresh, and I do mean fresh. I believe he and his team of cooks are very passionate about the quality of what they produce, and can only predict them expanding their talents to even higher levels for the guests that visit Lorenzos.

The restaurant is decorated with handmade wooden chairs and tables, and you can see a mixture of locals and tourists as well, which says a lot to me as a guest.

Met the new owners, and they described the new things they were going to be adding to this place even better... like spiffing up some of the décor and kitchen areas, and adding more tools for the staff.

But again, it is the cuisine here that makes this place, IMO. It is not fast food, nor is it traditional fine dining. It seems to have its own niche, which to this traveler, speaks volumes. It is a very quaint spot, and cannot wait to visit again.

Wishing this place all the best of luck, and thanks for making us feel like family.

A Traveling Chef~