Lowest prices for your stay
US$285
Free cancellation until 21-10-01
Priceline
Agoda.com
FindHotel
All reviews the river keyless entry boutique hotel new development balcony overlooking beautiful hotel within walking distance claw foot tub king suite shared balcony loft ladder linens wesley bv trail text
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2021 via mobile

Tasteful and quirky at the same time . Stumbled upon this place as we were planning a Colorado road trip . From the highway the little town of Buena Vista seems friendly and removed from more touristy towns . Hidden along the river is this fairly new hotel overlooking the Arkansas river . I believe that the name comes from the fact that highly skilled river rock surfers come here to test their strength. But I don’t know .
We booked the honeymoon suite with a river view . It had a very slick retro feel to the room . Minimalist but welcoming . Oddly no artwork . But you don’t need artwork when you have awesome views . The bed was very comfy . The bathroom had d French country feel - cool claw foot tub and a modern shower .

The restaurant is definitely a must . Great service and clean delicious food . It had vegan , gluten free and vegetarian choices .

I highly recommend this cute boutique hotel . Very understated but punches well above most hotel with design , service and views.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tiredof4walls
Reviewed June 21, 2021

This place was not worth the price for many reasons. My biggest concern was regarding their staff. I left a sentimental piece of jewelry behind (I know that is my own fault). I contacted them immediately with the exact location and it was reportedly never found. The staff were not helpful with my situation. It’s not an expensive piece of jewelry, but has HUGE sentimental value as my grandmother gave it to me when I was a little girl and she has since passed. They said they would speak with the housekeeping staff and get back to me, but never did. I have followed up with them several times but nothing.

Additionally, the parking situation is awkward. We were asked not to park on the street due to an event. The rooms are small, but beautifully decorated. There’s no closet or waters available, which I wouldn’t expect at this price point. There are no phones in the room and ask you to text for communication.

I would not book again and make sure to lock up all belongings even if item only has sentimental value.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Andre Spino-Smith, General Manager at Surf Hotel & Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2021

Hi There,

Thanks for taking a moment to share your experience. I am sorry to hear that you lost a piece of sentimental jewelry. We take such things very seriously so I was notified of the missing item along with our entire housekeeping staff. I was actually the first person in your room after you checked out and unfortunately did not see any jewelry.

Looking over the text stream you had with our front desk, it is clear we could have done a better job conveying that we were in fact making every effort to find your lost item. For that I apologize.

Thanks again,

Reviewed May 21, 2021

The Surf Hotel in Buena Vista, Colorado, knows definitely how to give guests a 5 star treatment during their stay. First of all the location of the hotel is amazing right off the Arkansas River, and in the background a beautiful rocky landscape with walking or bike trails. and in the distance snow peaked mountains - a photographers dream for wedding picture.
The hotel itself is designed to welcome you in with a wrap around seating area, with a fireplace comfy couches, a long bar area for eating, and it goes on to dining tables all drawing one in to enjoy their stay and mingle.
The reception desk hosts could not been better as they graciously handled the endless requests of guests with ease, even all our gift bags!
All the rooms are lovely, simply decorated with a Southern charm. One can walk out on the balcony, take in the breathtaking views,sit in rocky chairs which line each level, enjoy the peacefulness or visit wedding guests that may be right next door, the whole concept brings people together which a wedding is all about.
Rachael and Amanda are the wedding contact sales people and Tana and Stacey are the wedding venue people and they do an awesome job in table arrangement, place settings, arranging a large wedding guest flow so everyone has a good time. It was all so well orchestrated to perfection, to detail, and beauty. We could not have been more pleased.
The whole dining experience was incredible, from a large Thursday night gathering, to the wedding dinner, and to the Sunday brunch, we were all spoiled to mouthwatering food, giving the dining experience a definite 5 star!
Thank you Surf Hotel for helping to make our daughter's wedding one that she and her husband will always remember.

Room tip: all rooms are lovely and spacious they have larger rooms to accommodate large families, bridal room, parents of the bride and groom etc
Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed May 13, 2021

We recently stayed here for a wedding that was also at the hotel. It was amazing. The rooms were incredibly cute, clean and the sheets are so SOFT! Loved the patio and views from all the rooms, I did not go into a single room I didn't like. The staff were incredibly helpful and nice. Definitely plan to come back and stay again and would recommend for a fun weekend or if looking for a hotel to plan a large event this is beyond perfect.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed April 26, 2021

We stayed at the Surf Hotel and in was great. The location is great and we enjoyed the nearby shops and restaurants. There are great trails along the river. We loved the contactless check-in and being able to use our phones as our room keys. Our room was a Courtyard view, so not an awesome view but the room itself was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the amenities in the room were great. We enjoyed delicious drinks in the attached restaurant. We are already thinking about planning another visit and we might pay the little bit extra to get a Balcony or Riverfront room so we'll have access to the great patio.

Date of stay: April 2021