Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$275
Hotels.comUS$275
PricelineUS$275
TravelocityUS$275
CheapTicketsUS$275
Orbitz.comUS$275
All reviews the river keyless entry boutique hotel new development balcony overlooking beautiful hotel within walking distance claw foot tub king suite shared balcony loft ladder linens wesley bv trail text
Selected filters
Reviewed July 8, 2021 via mobile

Staff wasn’t friendly when we arrived and acted like we were bothering them.
Pictures of rooms did not match actual rooms. For the amount our entire family paid it was so disappointing. I asked for a drink at some point and the bartender said they could not serve anything but beer or wine until 3, as soon as I sat down at the end of the bar, she was pouring shots of tequila for other patrons.
The elevator broke, so elderly family had to hike down and up flights of stairs… there was no consideration to ask if anyone needed help with their bags or assistance.
Hallways were dark, no pool, no hot tub, no continental anything (you’d think for the price there would be one of those) My parents bathroom sink plumbing fell apart underneath and leaked everywhere, no help offered or given.
There was no where in some of the rooms to hang your clothes but a cheap stick that came out from the wall and your clothes would fall off. You could hear everyone else in the hallway coming in and out of their room slamming the large metal doors, I felt like I was in a dorm.
I’m only upset because of what they claim to be and fail on many levels. This is no boutique hotel.
Greatest part about the weekend was The wedding venue and catering staff was amazing.
The chateaux part was nice but for the wedding party (understandable) So for the price the only good about the hotel was the view for the people on the balcony. This place could be something amazing but since they do weddings I think they get away with the price cause of location.
Very Sad to see a beautiful place run so poorly

Room tip: Better off staying at best western and driving to a wedding at this place. our family staying there has large rooms,pool&breakfast
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Andre Spino-Smith, General Manager at Surf Hotel & Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry you did not enjoy your experience staying with us and also apologize if our staff came across as unfriendly or unwilling to help. That is certainly not our intention. I also apologize that our elevator was out of order during some of your visit.

We typically do not respond to reviews in which guests dislike our overall design aesthetic, how rooms are furnished, etc. Such opinions are completely fair as our overall style and design sensibility will naturally not be to everyone's liking. We respect the opinions of all our guests.

However, your review included a few factually incorrect statements which I would like to address for the benefit of future guests. First, all guestroom photos we publish on our website, or any other website, are of course of our actual rooms. Second, had we known there was an issue with your sink we absolutely would have corrected it right away if at all possible. At the very minimum we would have offered another room or made some other type of accommodation. We are here to help! Third, our restaurant and bar is not open until 4pm. Our bartenders are usually able to serve beer and wine while they are preparing for dinner service before 4pm, but do not yet have everything prepped and ready for cocktail service. Your comment about "shots of tequila for other patrons" was not preferential treatment given to other guests, but rather a private event in progress.

Reviewed July 2, 2021 via mobile

Tasteful and quirky at the same time . Stumbled upon this place as we were planning a Colorado road trip . From the highway the little town of Buena Vista seems friendly and removed from more touristy towns . Hidden along the river is this fairly new hotel overlooking the Arkansas river . I believe that the name comes from the fact that highly skilled river rock surfers come here to test their strength. But I don’t know .
We booked the honeymoon suite with a river view . It had a very slick retro feel to the room . Minimalist but welcoming . Oddly no artwork . But you don’t need artwork when you have awesome views . The bed was very comfy . The bathroom had d French country feel - cool claw foot tub and a modern shower .

The restaurant is definitely a must . Great service and clean delicious food . It had vegan , gluten free and vegetarian choices .

I highly recommend this cute boutique hotel . Very understated but punches well above most hotel with design , service and views.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tiredof4walls
Reviewed June 21, 2021

This place was not worth the price for many reasons. My biggest concern was regarding their staff. I left a sentimental piece of jewelry behind (I know that is my own fault). I contacted them immediately with the exact location and it was reportedly never found. The staff were not helpful with my situation. It’s not an expensive piece of jewelry, but has HUGE sentimental value as my grandmother gave it to me when I was a little girl and she has since passed. They said they would speak with the housekeeping staff and get back to me, but never did. I have followed up with them several times but nothing.

Additionally, the parking situation is awkward. We were asked not to park on the street due to an event. The rooms are small, but beautifully decorated. There’s no closet or waters available, which I wouldn’t expect at this price point. There are no phones in the room and ask you to text for communication.

I would not book again and make sure to lock up all belongings even if item only has sentimental value.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Andre Spino-Smith, General Manager at Surf Hotel & Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2021

Hi There,

Thanks for taking a moment to share your experience. I am sorry to hear that you lost a piece of sentimental jewelry. We take such things very seriously so I was notified of the missing item along with our entire housekeeping staff. I was actually the first person in your room after you checked out and unfortunately did not see any jewelry.

Looking over the text stream you had with our front desk, it is clear we could have done a better job conveying that we were in fact making every effort to find your lost item. For that I apologize.

Thanks again,

Reviewed May 21, 2021

The Surf Hotel in Buena Vista, Colorado, knows definitely how to give guests a 5 star treatment during their stay. First of all the location of the hotel is amazing right off the Arkansas River, and in the background a beautiful rocky landscape with walking or bike trails. and in the distance snow peaked mountains - a photographers dream for wedding picture.
The hotel itself is designed to welcome you in with a wrap around seating area, with a fireplace comfy couches, a long bar area for eating, and it goes on to dining tables all drawing one in to enjoy their stay and mingle.
The reception desk hosts could not been better as they graciously handled the endless requests of guests with ease, even all our gift bags!
All the rooms are lovely, simply decorated with a Southern charm. One can walk out on the balcony, take in the breathtaking views,sit in rocky chairs which line each level, enjoy the peacefulness or visit wedding guests that may be right next door, the whole concept brings people together which a wedding is all about.
Rachael and Amanda are the wedding contact sales people and Tana and Stacey are the wedding venue people and they do an awesome job in table arrangement, place settings, arranging a large wedding guest flow so everyone has a good time. It was all so well orchestrated to perfection, to detail, and beauty. We could not have been more pleased.
The whole dining experience was incredible, from a large Thursday night gathering, to the wedding dinner, and to the Sunday brunch, we were all spoiled to mouthwatering food, giving the dining experience a definite 5 star!
Thank you Surf Hotel for helping to make our daughter's wedding one that she and her husband will always remember.

Room tip: all rooms are lovely and spacious they have larger rooms to accommodate large families, bridal room, parents of the bride and groom etc
Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed May 13, 2021

We recently stayed here for a wedding that was also at the hotel. It was amazing. The rooms were incredibly cute, clean and the sheets are so SOFT! Loved the patio and views from all the rooms, I did not go into a single room I didn't like. The staff were incredibly helpful and nice. Definitely plan to come back and stay again and would recommend for a fun weekend or if looking for a hotel to plan a large event this is beyond perfect.

Date of stay: May 2021