“Great BBQ , Especially the Smoked Chicken.”
Review of Bird Dog BBQ

Bird Dog BBQ
Ranked #105 of 1,467 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Oklahoma Style BBQ...Perfected in Colorado. We have been voted Best BBQ in Colorado Springs every year since 2007! A true Colorado original, Bird Dog can be described using one word...different. Be it our cooking techniques, our house-made gluten-free sauces, our facilities, or even our name, we've taken every opportunity to zig where others zag. The result is a truly incomparable BBQ experience centered on the "BBQ un-snob". Bird Dog BBQ...what makes YOU different? *Just a FYI, we are sorry for the inconvenience but we do not take phone in orders, as we do not want to stop our line of patiently waiting customers to take an order and then again each time someone shows up to pay and pick up their order. Thank you for understanding:)
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I think Bird Dog BBQ has the best smoked chicken in town. Overall it is very good. The brisket is good, but I think they overcook it most of the time. I prefer it cooked a little slower and keep it pink when it's done. Aslo, hands down the best baked beans of any BBQ place in COS. The wait is sometimes a half hour at peak times so get there early.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

Found this place on tripadvisor and had to try the number one spot in town. The owner is from OK and takes a down to earth approach in creating an excellent menu of incredible BBQ.
I had the chopped brisket sandwich, which was tender and moist. There is an assortment of BBQ sauces on the table - of which I recommend the wasabi BBQ sauce to spice up your meal.
The prices are really good for the quality of meal. The restaurant is simple and tasteful and the staff is warm and personable.
Go eat here - you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Jetdriver21
Reviewed 27 December 2011

While out of town in Colorado, while my family was doing some day-after-Christmas shopping at a strip mall, low and behold a highly rated (by TA) restaurant happened to be there. The menu looked spectacular and I would like to have sampled about a dozen items, but I settled for the very basic BBQ brisket sandwich. Wow. Simple and scrumptious. The beef was 100% perfect. As good as the seasoning tasted, I prefer my sandwiches wet, so I tried the at-table sauce offerings. Wasabi sauce on the bottom bun, and hot BBQ sauce on the top = an amazing-tasting afternoon snack. When I'm back in CO I'll be back there to sample more.

Reviewed 23 December 2011

Bird Dog offers great barbecue. The meat is always juicy with solid smoked flavor without the addition of spices or sauce. Whether ribs, brisket, pork, chicken, or sausage, the choice is a winner. The sides are good and fresh though not always immediate; it's not unusual to have a fresh, hot order of fries delivered to your table after you've paid and sat down. Their weekday specials can't be beat: a sandwich, drink and side for just a little more than the price of a large Quarter Pounder value meal... the barbecue is far superior. The best part is now that they've expanded you can find a Bird Dog in different parts of town, though the one at Shops at Briargate has less seating and parking.

Reviewed 14 December 2011

Let me say that my measuring stick for BBQ is a combo of two places just outside of Austin. That being said Bird Dog did not disappoint. I went with a 2 meat plate and had the brisket and the ribs with sides of beans and corn on the cob. The brisket was good, I had to use a bit of their sauce which was really good. The ribs on the other hand were great. Not the best I've ever had, but way up there. All in all, this dog will hunt.