“Excellent stop”

Heart Of Jerusalem Cafe
Ranked #87 of 1,653 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Cozy restaurant in a strip center near VA clinic and King Soopers at Fillmore and Centennial. Service was good and our vegetarian meals were tasty and well presented. The sage tea was delicious. Leftovers will make for a nice lunch tomorrow.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Went to this place for a late afternoon lunch. Authentic Mediterranean food like falafel fresh hummus salad etc. the server explained everything and helped us to choose the food. The inside of the restaurant looks old, but decorated. Lot of food and reasonably priced. As desert we ordered Baklava (sooo good), and the lady gave it for free, as we were new bees. Will definitely go back if we visit Colorado Springs again.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 7, 2018

From out of state, we were visiting family in Colorado Springs and stopped here with my brother and sister-in-law after a hike in Garden of the Gods. One of my favorite restaurants at home is similar - an independently owned Mediterranean cafe' in a strip mall. As much as I like my home favorite, I was even more impressed by Heart of Jerusalem. After a long hike, I was quite hungry. I ordered a stuffed grape leaves appetizer and Heart of Jerusalem salad. The appetizer alone would be enough to satisfy an ordinary appetite. The stuffed grape leaves that I order at my home restaurant contain ground meat; these were vegeterian but equally tasty. My salad was huge and very generous on the lamb and chicken; I could only eat half but finished the rest as my full meal the next day. My wife had falafel, shaped like hearts, and says it's the best she's ever had. Our party of 6 were in and out for less than $100 including tax and tip. Outdoor seating is available but it was too hot for us to take advantage.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 15, 2018

Dropped in for a quick lunch, Warm greeting, table of my choice, drink order and menu quickly and ready to take my food order if I was ready. I chose the beef and lamb plate. Came with a great assortment of hummus, falafel, pita. Very filling, very tasty, lots of meat, good value at only $10. The meat came in very small chunks and I could not tell the lamb from the beef. I am used to seeing the long strips of gyro meat shaved off in long lengths. That would be my only suggestion. If I am ordering a beef and lamb meat plate, I would like to see and know which is which and frankly, I could not tell the difference by taste since they seemed to be highly seasoned the same. All in all very pleased with the meal and service. I will be back.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 13, 2018

First time at this restaurant and loved it. Wish we lived closer so we could go again and again. Very flavorful food with great staff. We each had a gyro (hubby had lamb beef combo and I had the ultimate). Both were excellent and had great taste. We also ordered a side salad of tabbouleh and hubby had the Greek style one. Split a Turkish Coffee and it was perfectly made. Would have loved to have had a platter of the different offerings and if we ever get in the area again, that's what we're going to split.

Date of visit: May 2018