“Viet-YUM! No MSG and Gluten-Free”
Review of Vietnamese Garden

Vietnamese Garden
Ranked #535 of 1,472 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Our family took advantage of a Living Social coupon on a Friday night - and what a delicious surprise! All of our entrees were spot-on. The ginger chicken was perfect, very well seasoned and not too spicy. You may order any dish with no spice, or specify the amount of spice that you would like. My husband and son ordered the combination noodle bowl, and my daughter, the Pho soup. There was not a drop left on anyone's plate or bowl. The food was fresh and prepared to order. As we visited on a Friday, it was quite busy, so there was a bit of a wait for the food - but it was well worth it. They had one staff member running the dining room, but she was wonderfully friendly and efficient for the high volume of business and she did not seem at all harried by the crowd. We also ordered a pot of the Lotus tea - a nice change from the traditional green and Jasmine tea that is offered. They do serve alcohol and soft drinks, juices and traditional Vietnamese drinks as well as desserts. It is located in an old house, and is comfortable, but certainly not fancy. The lighting was limited, but at some point during our stay, it got significantly brighter. This is a great alternative for families who need a gluten-free menu - almost the entire menu is gluten-free and the few items that are not gluten-free are plainly marked. One of our new favorites - we will definitely eat there again (and again) - and heartily recommend Vietnamese Garden to to everyone.

4  Thank snejwoo

Reviewed 11 August 2011

Had the pork and eggroll bun. The meat was microscopic and the noodles were ramen noodled not rice noodles. I won't return!!

Reviewed 23 July 2011

Did I mention there is no MSG? That's right, NO MSG!

I have been to this restaurant 3 times in total, so I feel that I am now in some position to post a review and get the good word out.

The food is extremely fresh, prepared to order and is a great value, when you consider how much it would cost you to make these AUTHENTIC dishes at home.

The Chef/Owner likes to check on her guests after their meal, to make certain the food was prepared how you requested it.

I have had the #23 - COM GA RAM GUNG (Ginger Chicken), as well as the #25 - COM DAC BIET (Steamed rice with grilled Pork, Chicken, and egg roll) for dinner.

My favorite appetizer is #1 - CHA GIO (Fried Egg Rolls). One word describes them...DELICIOUS!

If you are looking for run-of-the-mill Oriental Cuisine, you will not be happy here.

If you are looking for outstanding Oriental Cuisine, you have got the right spot.

3  Thank CurtG99519
Reviewed 21 November 2010

Excellent food in a very nice place. Easy to get to and parking is usually plentiful. We loved the pho. Quantities are large. The owner is very happy to come talk to you about the food. We have eaten here 4 times and it's been consistently excellent. http://vietnamesegarden.net

1  Thank SwedishSafari