“Recommend this hotel 100%” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs

Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs
Ranked #20 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Des Moines
“Recommend this hotel 100%”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

We are traveling cross country with family and discovered Hilton Garden Inns, so decided to try this one as well. For the price, this was a tremendous value. I see hints of Hilton from my previous days of business travel. Beds are comfortable, hot showers, clean, well lit, GOOD FREE tea and coffee in the lobby. As another reviewer said, the staff - ALL of them - were helpful, friendly and gracious. My husband asked me what was up because we had a similar experience at this hotel in Flagstaff. The people that work here seem to like their jobs.

OK, now the breakfast: Though it is not free - we upgraded to the bed-and-breakfast rate, which was a deal as we are traveling with two teenage boys - this breakfast tops all others. It is seriously a made-to-order, high quality HOT breakfast with a skilled cook with a pleasant smile - we even tipped her! Tip: The green chili sauce on the breakfast burritos is wonderful - ask for some for your omelet. My veggie omelet was so good, and not just because I have been eating continental breakfast hard-boiled eggs all week! The rest of the fare is delicious - blueberries, strawberries, melon, delicious yogurt (not the stuff in the small containers but the REAL stuff!), toast, good oatmeal, granola, pancakes, three kinds of juice ... mmmmm. Oh, and real plates and utensils so not filling a landfill with all the free breakfast refuse.

The only negative was that the breakfast hostess kept taking her cigarette breaks right outside our window so our "smoke-free" room - well, we were getting smoke-for-free! Yech!!

For about $100 per night, this is a great rest stop and we'll stay again.

By the way - do leave yourself some time to visit Garden of the Gods. It is a gem of an attraction and just about 20 minutes from this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank BlueRibbonCookies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

Positive: Comfortable beds, clean room with great facilities, nice bathrooms, free tea/coffee/hot chocolate available in reception to go, quick internet in office center that was never too busy, breakfast costs $10 but has a very wide range of food. Staff were Extremely nice and always polite and helpful - every single member. Close to Briargate shopping mall.
Negative: Quite far away from downtown, indoor pool was small (but has nice jacuzzi) and fitness center only has a few machines BUT you can get free access to Gold's Gym when you present your room key which was a great benefit.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Second stay here in a month and really appreciate the friendly staff (from the housekeeping folks to the bartender). The location is great if you have business at the Air Force Academy as it is just a few miles up the I-25. Love the restaurant options and shopping across the street! Will definitely make this my homestay when I'm in the area again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank elh76
Dayton, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

Spent two nights here to see the sights around Colorado Springs. Chose this hotel due to reviews on this site and affordable price. This HGI appears fairly new and the hotel was in very good shape. Had a single king room which had ample room. Room included a microware and fridge. The bed was comfortable and unlike some others I had no noise issues. Room was clean. Enjoyed breakfast in the lobby restaurant. Convenient to interstate with lots of dining options across the road. Very convenient for visiting Air Force Academy. A negative is the hotel only having one elevator which led to some long waits. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank BrownStreet
SPRINGS_HGI_GM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs, responded to this review, 5 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to rate the hotel and your stay on Trip Advisor! We are glad you had an enjoyable visit and we hope to have you as our guest again!

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel on Memorial Day weekend and again in august 2011 . We have an ill family member that we came to see . The room was spacious and very comfortable . The breakfast was delicious and a very reasonable price . The staff was extremely friendly and this particular weekend , it was full with some kind of sporting event , but I was so happy to be able to find a room beacause we enjoyed it so much last time we were in town . Great shopping across the street , great restaurants too. and the best part is the spectacular view ! I plan on staying here every time we're in town . For the amenities that are available , the price is also great ! Thank you Hilton Garden Inn for a nice stay considering the circumstances of our visit to your city !

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor facing the mountain !
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Isabelle R
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments on Trip Advisor! We appreciate the feedback and hope you will come stay with us again!

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We rolled into the Hilton Garden Inn very late- 10 pm. We had been delayed by a bad storm. We were starved. The clerk found us a place for dinner and called and made sure it was still serving. Very nice clean hotel, though we didn't stay long - one night. The shopping center across the street is fabulous. All the cool trendy boutique stores and lots of places to eat. Wonderful street to stay on. I appreciated the extra attention at check in.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank phxaz54
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! You are right, the Shops at Briargate are fantastic! If you are a "social media guru" don't forget to use the Check In button on FourSquare if you have it. Frequently the shops and restaurants offer specials when you check in.

Come see us again soon!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn as part of a solo road trip in July 2011. I had been doing a lot of driving during the trip and rolled into town without a place to stay. Since the previous night had been spent in a hotel that gave me the creeps, I decided to spring for a nicer experience. The Hilton Garden Inn did not disappoint.

I booked online over my phone about a half-hour before I arrived. My reservation was already received by the hotel and my room assigned. The front desk clerk, while obviously very busy with guests and a ringing-off-the-hook phone still found time to be pleasant and helpful. She provided a great restaurant recommendation in addition to getting me squared away. There are also fresh baked cookies in a case on the front desk at night. In the restaurant area, there was a small bar but since I was heading out for dinner, I did not stop there.

The hotel is located near a part of town that looks like it is being developed. Across the street is a new shopping center with a Starbuck for you coffee drinkers (I actually don't drink coffee so I can't tell you what was in the coffee-maker.) My room was located on the second floor with a view of the courtyard and the mountains. I was extremely happy with the view. The room had a king-sized bed, an area with a microwave and mini-fridge, a desk, an a flat screen TV. The AC worked very well. The bath had ample counter space and a curved shower rod. The room was clean, the bed was firm (it has a dial so you can change the firmness of the bed, play with it to get the bed just right), more than enough pillows, and free wifi...There was no noise coming from the hallway and it was a very relaxing environment, great for getting a good night's sleep.

The next morning, I went downstairs for the breakfast. They have a free continental breakfast or you can pay for a hot breakfast. It appeared that they had a made-to-order omelet station. I only had cereal and an English muffin so I can't tell you whether the hot breakfast option was any good. I used the business center to print my boarding pass and there are two computers and a very fast printer. You need your room key to enter. Back up in the room, I took a shower. The water pressure was really good, and there is an adjustable showerhead. Towels were adequate as well.

Overall, i had a very good experience with this hotel, both the service and the room. I would definitely recommend the area as well as a safe, comfortable option.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo