“Horrible”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Worse sevice ever! It took 45 minutes just to get a drink. The salad was not kept on ice and was completely wilted. I will never go back. It's a shame as the atmosphere was very nice.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Went on March 21st 2017 with 4 other ladies, for a while we were the only ones there. Took for ever to get our drinks, food was mediocre. The staff was milling around visiting with each other, will not be back

English D, Owner at English Docksidei, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thank you for your candor sorry that you had problems . We have illuminated those problems. would love for you to give us another try. Ask for me Thomas English on your next visit.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Excellent food! After daughter's graduation from college went over to English Dockside; we had a fabulous time, the food was awesome! You must try the fried lobster tail. To die for!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 29 April 2017

This place was absolutely terrible! We decided to go there for my birthday dinner because I really wanted some seafood being from Florida. It looked like we walked into an episode of Sponge Bob with the decor which should have been our first indication to run for our lives. The service was slow and the waitress had no idea how to pronounce some of the fish on the menu (that they did not have available). The menus had marked out the prices because they didn't take time to print new ones (and he waitress didn't know the new prices). She brought out some complimentary shrimp that were old and had not been deveigned. They charged us extra for sides (hushpuppies) that we asked to exchange and when we brought it up to the manager he questioned the waitress in front of us. She confirmed that she had not told us that there was an extra charge for exchanging sides but he left the charge on the bill anyway. We didn't like them and brought them home for our chickens but they didn't like them either. I am really afraid that Gordon Ramsey is going to show up here and we will really find out what is going on in the kitchen. We spent $140 and should have gone to Captain D's instead.

6  Thank John K
Reviewed 11 March 2017

We had dinner here last night for my son's birthday. They even let us bring his cake.

Nice open space. Kinda old school decor. Reminded me of the old time Italian restaurants. Comfortable chairs. Large tables.

Only demerits are for slow service. However, in a day and age when we expect everything to be instantanious, it was a nice chance to slow down and enjoy each other's companionship. My son and son-in-law were in playful moods and share an off-kilter sense of humor. Our waitress picked up on it right away and played right along.

Food...just what you would expect from a southern style fish house. Tasty!

We started with their complimentary peel 'n eat shrimp. Next was calamari, I had read reviews saying it was tasty and given the opportunity always order it. The breading was a tad on the thick side but had really good flavor and did not detract from the calamari at all. The calarami itself was tender not rubbery. The dipping sauce is the house sauce and has a nice deep, rich flavor. It has a mayonnaise base. My SIL ordered a cup of clam chowder - it arrived in a bread bowl. He said it was delicious.

For entrees, my son order the seafood chowder - mixed seafood which included blue crab, shrimp, and clams. It arrived in a huge bowl! It was accompanied by garlic bread. He could barely finish the whole thing. He really enjoyed it. The daughter and SIL both had the fish & chips which came with fries and cole slaw. My daughter said the fish (cod) was excellent, the battered was well seasoned. My SIL could not stop eating or raving about the fries. Me, I had the Friday Night Special Fish Fry. All you can eat fried catfish! It does not come with sides but they are available for purchase. I ordered hush puppies and cole slaw - the perfect southern fish fry meal. My catfish was lightly breaded in seasoned cornmeal and fried to perfection. It brought back memories from childhood. The cole slaw reminded me of my mom's - just a tad on the sweet side. The hush puppies were not all that...they lacked flavor. Just fried cornmeal battered.

The house sauce that arrives in a squeeze bottle was delicious on my fried fish. It has some Tabasco in it, I could tell by the tang. I can imagine it would be great on a po' boy.

Would I return? Yes. Definitely. I really want to try their smothered shrimp and their po' boys.

1  Thank veeolette