“Quiet Late Afternoon Lunch”
Review of English Docksidei

English Docksidei
Ranked #434 of 1,574 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2017

While visiting in town, we stumbled across English Dockside while looking for a mid-afternoon late lunch. There were only a couple of other tables with diners. The menu stated that the food would take more time because of the way it was prepared, but it still seemed to take an unusually long time - especially for the slices of pie we ordered for dessert. Servings were generous, and food was great.

Reviewed August 9, 2017

The food was amazing. I had fish and my Husband had chicken. Everything was fresh. This place puts a lot of time and effort into cleanliness. You can tell that a lot of passion goes into food prep. I love that. My Husband and our waiter, whom I'm kinda sure owned the place, had so much in common. We went for our six year anniversary. The coconut pie was amazing.

Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

I had the blue crab cakes and my mom had the fish and chips. Both were amazing! The fish and chips had a great crispy batter and the fish was super tender and had a great flavor! The fries had a special seasoning that the owner makes himself! It was fantastic! The crab cakes came with crawfish tails over a bed of rice. Try them with the house made hot sauce! Wonderful! We were also lucky enough to have our food prepared by the owner/chef! The waitress was great! Very friendly and an all around good server! Highly recommended!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

The food is fabulous. I hope they get a good manager and get the waiters trained better. Ours had to go ask the cook every question we had. Also had trouble with running a credit card. Very nice - just needs training. No obvious manager on duty. Used to be busy. Last 2 times I went not busy at all.

Reviewed May 29, 2017

Worse sevice ever! It took 45 minutes just to get a drink. The salad was not kept on ice and was completely wilted. I will never go back. It's a shame as the atmosphere was very nice.